PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, Mr Anderson

Aussie FI 3A
23rd Jun 2005, 02:22
Heard on the news this morning that John Anderson is going to the backbench and Mark Vaile is taking the Deputy PM gig.

Does anyone know if J.A. will still keep the transport portfolio? I would think he would be about ready to give it up, seeing as he's held it for longer than anyone in the last 40 years... or am I being optimistic?

Will we see any meaningfull changes?

Over to you...

tinpis
23rd Jun 2005, 02:26
Hes quitting politics and serving out his remaining time on the back bench.

Adamastor
23rd Jun 2005, 02:31
By definition Aussie, a backbencher cannot hold a cabinet or ministerial portfolio. All I can say is "woo bl00dy hoo!" He's probably got more to do with the continuing demise of this industry than any other person in Australia.

ibaker
23rd Jun 2005, 02:57
Could it end up being the devil you know is better then the devil you don't?

En-Rooter
23rd Jun 2005, 10:29
One d!ckhead gone, one to go!

wooo-hooo

:ok:

Adamastor
23rd Jun 2005, 12:45
I'll lay dollars to yen that Dick's phonebill is skyrocketing as we type. How long does it take to get in the ear/pocket of a new minister?

gaunty
23rd Jun 2005, 14:36
Adamastor

Anderson was too polite by a half, I suspect the new Minister has it sussed.

"Your call is important to us, please leave message and we'll call you right back":rolleyes:

As one of Andersons colleagues said today "he was too good a man to be a politician, he didn't have enough of the mongrel in him"

Maybe surrounded by mongrels he was.

Love him or hate him for whatever you think he did or didn't do, he was a good and decent man, we should wish him well for the rest of his life.