PDA

View Full Version : C Check B737-300

Pengineer
3rd Jul 2001, 23:15
How long should it take? I remember reading here some time ago that FLS can do it in about 36hours, anyone got any info about it? would that be just a C check? what happens if you find something?

Jango
4th Jul 2001, 03:48
Thats a leading question. 3 days down time, theoretically you could do a straight c check, working 3 shifts on it with little or no additional work...but that never happens. depends how old the aircraft is, how many snags you find, a week would be more accurate I would say.

KLM are probably leaders in that game, mostly contract engineers doing the work, but it would be quick and a pretty good aircraft when it came out.

------------------
Old age and treachery will always triumph over youth and enthusiasm.

Pengineer
5th Jul 2001, 19:55
Anyone else, especially FLS guys?

jetfueldrinker
6th Jul 2001, 13:10
I realise that it is a slightly different ball game, but we did a 737-800 5000hr+18 month+2500cycle check, with special inspections, SB's and snags in 5 days. This was working day shift only (07:00-17:30), appart from Thursday when there was no 'A' check, so that released lates and nights. Hope that this is of some help.

morroccomole
6th Jul 2001, 14:05
36 hours is bull. Our C check programme for last winter saw most aircraft done in 4 days, and 1 or 2 returned after 3. However, dont ask me to go into the defects the line engineers had to cope with for a week or 2 after!

Pengineer
9th Jul 2001, 23:44
Thanks, is four days good or average? can anyone else shed some light on how long they take to do them, and what shifts you do to achieve this?
Thanks

PinPusher
13th Jul 2001, 02:01
Downtime is all relative to how many man-hours you are going to throw at it and over what time scale.

How many man-hours planned?
How many bodies working how many hours?
How many shifts you going to work it in a 24hr period?

Not telling anybody how to suck eggs, but, .......