PDA

View Full Version : Multi-type Herc Form

Cougar
23rd Jun 2005, 00:13
Can you gents and ladies in the UK advise if you do J and K Multi-type Herc form, and if you do, how you find it?

We do it here Dunnunda and just looking for comments and ideas.

Cheers.

fatter albert
23rd Jun 2005, 13:41
The new universal J/K F705 enters use in the RAF on 1 July!

I'll be back with more in a week.

TOPBUNKER
23rd Jun 2005, 16:47
Pease, please NO!

Not another J/K diatribe.

DON'T DO IT gents!

Standing by...

Emits low groan.........

monkeybumhead
23rd Jun 2005, 17:47
At least they didn't try to bring it in on 1st April, or did they??????????
Are we going to be getting some on the little rock that is home to more geese than you can wave a $hitty stick at on this date then?

fatter albert
23rd Jun 2005, 21:24
I don't believe we've had a J paperwork vs K paperwork thread yet. Well overdue, if you ask me.

Yes, the Falklands will be getting some of the new forms. Don't panic, there's not that much difference. A six week intensive familiarisation course should do the trick.

cja197
23rd Jun 2005, 22:13
and there was me thinking he meant form as in formation?!

highveldtdrifter
23rd Jun 2005, 22:26
Cougar,

Yes we do, you just have to be careful about speed change power settings, but no snags. We follow the same basic SOPs, even the 2 types of SKE work together. I think the most we have done so far was a 12 ship, 6 of each type.

theboywide
24th Jun 2005, 00:40
Stand by for a 15-ship later on this year pending attrition from the wicked witch of the north and south side. Should be a larf and a half!

Cougar
30th Jun 2005, 04:55
high,
Thanks mate, you seem to be the only one who isn't fishing for a H/K/J debate.

Yes i was referring to formation for those wondering.

Do you guys generally lead with the K and have J's behind due TCAS or the other way round?

BEagle
30th Jun 2005, 05:08
If the Ks lead, surely the formation would need to be 'stepped up' in order for those following to avoid the rusty bits falling off the old things......

As we in our ancient old FunBus were once teased by the E-3D and C-130J following us in line astern on one occasion!

propulike
30th Jun 2005, 10:21
I don't think it matters who leads and who follows, unless there are requirements for a formation member that are type specific (eg I believe that current thinking says the J will go first if there is ever AWADS play). The Green Barrows, an Albert formation of 2x'J' and 2x'K', have the K in the lead; the Tactical Air Land demo's use 1x'J' and 1x'K' with the J in front.

Depends on what you need from the aircraft and it's performance as to where you put them. TCAS doesn't affect the decision - especially as both types now have it!

Cougar
5th Jul 2005, 01:07
propulike,
Ahhh all makes more sense. Our H's don't have TCAS so it's a case of we can see you but you can't see us. This is where i was going with the thread but i spose it's not much point then ;)

16 blades
5th Jul 2005, 01:20
It is now the norm for most TacAT excercises to run as J/K interfly affairs, although most recent ones have been put paid to by J unserviceability / unavailability. When we do get to fly VTF together, it works quite well, the only issues being penetration procedures with the J's much better climb rate. SKE even works on interfly (as well as SKE can, at least).

Yes the K's are now fitted with TCAS, although a certain support authority fcuked up the wiring when fitting it so it all has to be redone - not to mention the new altimeter / RADALT requirements, which combined mean we're not allowed to use it yet.

16B

I_stood_in_the_door
5th Jul 2005, 09:13
Troops,

Just remember 'Two Fleets - One Force'.

Yardy Yardy!

ISITD

LFOGOOTFW

:}