PDA

View Full Version : CAA & exam dates

Diablo
2nd Jul 2001, 19:14
I have to call the CAA a lot and for the last few weeks the answerphone message has been saying they are closing at 1 o'clock to process licence applications. Evidently they received nearly 1000 in the last week in May.

How long have you been waiting for an exam date, and how long are you having to wait to sit your exam?

I have heard places like East Midlands and Manchester are nearly full for the rest of the year.

spannersatcx
2nd Jul 2001, 19:24
December this year, applied mid May, they were very quick to cash the cheque mind you!

airsafetyreport
2nd Jul 2001, 19:38
Applied in May, yet to hear anything!!!!!
Next year will do me fine though.

anawanahuanana
3rd Jul 2001, 02:08
Applied beginning of may for Irvine, got early september (large hall hired for huge number of applicants). I was originally told to expect at least february!

Dozy Bell
4th Jul 2001, 01:25
Applied 8th may, got my date through last week for mid october

Gen Brace
8th Jul 2001, 01:45
Macclesfield college is now being used so I hear to cater for Manchester

barmy-helo-eng-in-ear
9th Jul 2001, 19:33
Just got my dates for 'X'

Asked for EMA in August

Got Silsoe Agricultural College ( August )
Applied in April :)

[ 09 July 2001: Message edited by: barmy-helo-eng-in-ear ]

[ 09 July 2001: Message edited by: barmy-helo-eng-in-ear ]

bitetest
15th Jul 2001, 22:48
I applied in march, my date is july 25th lgw, so best get on with the studies and spend less time ppruning!

Bitetest :confused:

shytalk
16th Jul 2001, 17:22
Applied Stansted Mid - May got July 25th
Oh God next week, PANIC
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

KwikPhix
16th Jul 2001, 22:18
Sent both applications on 14 May. applied for C-turbs in July at IRV (got Sept), applied for X-elect in Sept (got Nov), both to be taken at Glasgow Nautical College ? Overall quite happy apart from the fact I know nothing about Engines,VP Props or Electrics we'll see... Now how does it go,If you don't know the answer go for C, Don't panic and R-T-F-Q !
Good luck everybody.

Diablo
17th Jul 2001, 00:02
It would seem the CAA have made a good decision for once and hired larger facilities to sit the exams to clear the backlog.

Could this be the start of a new better improved CAA

Naaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh :p :p :p :p :p

KwikPhix
17th Jul 2001, 05:52
How long will it take them to mark them all though ?

The hippy
18th Jul 2001, 00:08
Took Two JAR66 module exams on the 20th June. still no result (one month and counting) :cool: :cool:

unonome
19th Jul 2001, 05:00
Kwikphix,
If you don't know anything about engines/electrics then is it really wise sitting the exams? You could find yourself in a very compromising situation if you happen to pass (which is not impossible given that most of the questions are known)

KwikPhix
19th Jul 2001, 21:57
Good point, however my comments where maybe a poor attempt at light hearted banter (exam nerves ?) if you check my profile or the who/what/where thread i think that after 18 years of working on A/C although im no expert i know a bit. Also if the company approval system works and you work for a reputable company you should never get past the Quality Department interview prior to being given your approval stamp if you are not suitable to issue CRS etc. I think in all circumstances its down to the individual if your not sure about something read the book again, speak/Phone somebody else with more experience, phone the helpdesk,etc. IMHO even if a person has worked on the same A/C type for 15 years if they have never encountered a particular snag or job before but the 'new boy' has seen/done it a few times in his first few weeks on type who is the expert ?