PDA

View Full Version : Flight Engineer Info

Al-Far Config
30th Jan 2001, 03:34
I am looking to further my horizons and wondered if anyone can advise me on how to train as an F/E, I am currently a loadmaster and have little engineering experience. Suggestions appreciated.

spanners
31st Jan 2001, 00:46
Hi
If the system has not changed, you need to apply to the CAA for an assessment as to what you individually will need to do. There is an AIC (which are on the internet), which details what you should need to apply, and if you have an engineering background on a/c you are a lot better off. The UK FE licence is divided into two parts. The first is the knowledge part where you will have to complete technical exams. Depending on the licences that you may hold now, you should be exempt some of these. Technicals include loading, air law signals, etc and a dedicated F/E exam which covers a bit of everything. (Or it did when I did it).
Part II consists of actual course type specific training, so you should really have employment offered as soon as possible after finishing the writtens because there is a time limit to all of the above. From what I remember, I was told by the CAA to have all the requirements completed in one year for an FE licence to be issued.
Regds