tic
22nd Jun 2005, 13:12
Whats the news?

skywaytoheaven
23rd Jun 2005, 08:40
Gf roadshow? Please enlighten

tundra runner
23rd Jun 2005, 17:39
no one knows anything because everyone was working I guess.

mogley
24th Jun 2005, 09:49
Some rubbish about getting the fleet upto 45 aircraft but sounds like C***. Don't think we can even afford spare tires let alone aeroplanes.But let's keep dreaming that everthing is running smoothly here.:ok:

ironbutt57
24th Jun 2005, 11:46
Nice positive attitude Mogely...we can too afford new tires, I got one the other day....two in fact!!!:cool:

tic
24th Jun 2005, 21:21
Hello. I wasn't there, which I suppose goes for most of us. So far, there has been no info on the web-mail. Any details (facts) would be appreciated. An essay not necessary. Salient points please.
Tks tic

vfenext
24th Jun 2005, 21:28
Company doing well. New aircraft to be decided this year. Banks already committed to financing any deal GF wants on new a/c. Possible privatisation with investors already sourced. At least 3 new destinations being looked at. AUH offered the chance to sell off to MCT and BAH but declined, offering an unprecedented level of support. No more than 45 a/c in the fleet. Basically the glass is half full from JH's point of view. In a nutshell.

tic
24th Jun 2005, 23:30
Tks VFENEXT. It seems AUH, want's us to stay. Good news for GT anyway. Still think we should have freighters, as well.

boiler
25th Jun 2005, 06:50
Let's be realistic here. Why doesn't AUH want out of GF? Because Etihad does not have enough planes yet and cannot support the airport all by itself. GF has more than half the flights to AUH, and if they withdraw from GF, there will be no need to build the new airport anymore since GF can no longer have any international flights from that airport (other than to BAH and MCT). AUH will withdraw once it gets its 777's and other airbus orders. AUH cannot support 2 airlines together competing against each other.

ironbutt57
25th Jun 2005, 11:10
good to see boilermaker has the future all sorted out.....is this a educated guess, or is boilermaker the master planner for airline activity in AUH?:rolleyes:

boiler
25th Jun 2005, 15:44
Patience dear ironbutt. Time will prove me right. It is just common sence that AUH cannot have 2 airlines. EY will want to expand rapidly into India, Pakistan, and KSA. However, it will hit into two big stumbling blocks: Traffic Rights and airport slots. They are not easily obtained and EY will try their best to take them from GF. Already the two airlines are fighting over CAI traffic rights and it is becoming pretty bloody. If that happens, then GF will itself withdraw from AUH. In any case, by this time next year, AUH will no longer be part of GF. Again, all this is just common sense. Recall the same thing happened with Qatar 3 years ago (they kept on saying that they backed GF until the last minute before they withdrew). This is no different. If you have any theories of your own, I would love to hear them.

vfenext
25th Jun 2005, 17:12
Boilermaker sounds like a worried man. The reason AUH stayed in GF even after an offer to leave is because of the turmoil in EY management. The AUH government have no confidence in the success of the airline yet and don't want to back a loser. The foul up with the wrong people at the top will set EY back many years. Just wait for the serious international auditing to start and you will see what happens. There is a history and a lot of baggage with some of the managers that will not go down well. That's not a theory by the way it's well known.

boiler
25th Jun 2005, 17:29
I am not worried at all. I work for neither airline. It is just sad to see what is happening in the region. Instead of having one or two strong airlines that can compete against the European airlines, we will have multiple airlines all fighting each other for the same scarce resource. Sad.

flynbyu
25th Jun 2005, 17:42
I think the competition is between EY and EK, GT/GT doesn't even register as competition. My guess is that GF/GT and EY are more allies then anything.

vfenext
25th Jun 2005, 18:19
It's called competition and nothing sad about a healthy market offering the passenger a good choice. As for GF/GT not registering as competition, there are 7.5 million pax who flew with them last year who might disagree with you. Hardly a number you can just write off.

flynbyu
25th Jun 2005, 18:34
GT and EY have completely different market goals.

EY doesn't want to do subcontinent they have their eye on Europe and beyond.

GT has the subcontinent market and nothing else.

EY wants to be EK plain and simple the competition is not between AUH and BAH it is between AUH and DBX.