PDA

View Full Version : legs and regs

nimrod76
29th Jan 2001, 00:48
regarding legs and regs exam I have just taken a/p 2 exam earlier this month and found this exam particularly tricky as at least 4 questions in the exam I could not find any info from my notes by licence by post.

p.s. I believe that guys at Oxford are receiving past papers as an incentive to taking the legs course
any info appreciated.
contact me if requiring any help a/p 2 exam.

------------------

[This message has been edited by nimrod76 (edited 28 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by nimrod76 (edited 28 January 2001).]

jetfueldrinker
29th Jan 2001, 14:11
Hi Nimrod. Can you remember what questions you had difficulty with? It would be a help to us if you could; maybe somebody here is a Legs and Regs expert and could help out a little. I know that OATS is very good but also very expensive, but you only get what you pay for. Certainly they have access to past papers and can help out a lot.

Are you still in The Mob? There are certain aspects of Legs and Regs that are totally different to anything that the military can throw at you, but you need to dig very deeply to find some of the answers. This was true for me. I was swatting up to resit my Legs and Regs exam more years ago than I care to remember. I came across a particular bit refering to infant life jackets and there being no requirement for them to be fitted with a torch and whistle. I was so fed up by this point that I made a comment to my wife that I could just immagine a kid in the water being very annoying, blowing a whistle and playing with a torch that they would soon be drowned by a frought adult! And guess what I had for a multi guess question? 'Infant life jackets are not fitted with......'. So it does pay to look in the Air Leg hand book (CAP396 if I remember correctly) and read up on their cross referances. Oh and good luck.

JFD

nimrod76
29th Jan 2001, 14:51
I am still in the MOB at present and this morning have just recieved my results for legs and all is not good,as suspected a letter of failure has returned.
When after taking the exam I tried to gain some answers to some questions I could not find anything relating to some of the questions asked: for example; A countries aviation authority having responsibility for legal and technical matters,technical only,legal only?
Another 2 questions knowing the answer for a maintenance company having authorisation for aircraft between 2,730kg - 6,310kg ? the answer I had was A8-9 approval however this was not an option and what happens to non-consumable items in storage when there shelf life has expired?
there was another question that I cannot remember at present but generaly I found the exam to be tricky due to some questions with 3 or more parts to the answer being almost correct,any further advice or encouragement very much appreciated as time is quickly running out.....aaaaaaaaah!!!!!

A/c Slave
30th Jan 2001, 01:53
Hey Nimrod, I know exactly what you mean, I have recently done and thank god passed the air/leg, I went Oxford for that course as the material I got before was not quite straight, I must say besides the course being very good, their books you get are laid out in a simple manner to understand as well,,, but, all said, I still got some funny questions in the exam which I had to do the ole guessing game with!

I also just posted some questions that I recieved recently with the answers, but after some checks I find the answers seem incorrect, so I am now hoping for the wealth of experience on this site to shed some truth.........

Don't give up, give Oxford a call (01865 844 235) see if they will at least sell you their book or loan one from someone.