PDA

View Full Version : Cordless Optical Mouses

Air Conditioned
22nd Jun 2005, 08:28
I have had cause to think about an optical cordless mouse. A friend, who doesn't have one, was critical, and suggested that they display some delay re cursor movement. Anyone got experience and a recommendation??

Terraplaneblues
22nd Jun 2005, 10:22
Yes AC, I have for years had cordless mice - logitech, biggest problems were:
1. the small glider feet, which it slides along on kept falling off
2. the old dust & dirt inside problem.
So for these reasons I got another logitech product called MX700 which is infra red. It has feet (gliders) that are recessed into it and is infra red, which cures problem 2.

You do end up with a charger unit/signal receiver on the desk, the delay your friend is concerned about is non existent IMHO, not having to clean the thing out is great and it moves consistently (glides).

I read a test on toms hardware guide prior to purchase and was convinced.

Now had it for just over a year and would buy same or newer model again.

Air Conditioned
22nd Jun 2005, 13:45
Tpb:
I had spotted a Logitech unit and will check to see if the model you advise is found here. Many thanks.
Regards AC

Lost_luggage34
22nd Jun 2005, 18:06
Have a Labtech LED driven optical mouse. Very happy with it, smooth moment and no cursor delay at all.

It can be a little heavy on batteries so I'd certainly recommend one of the rechargeable types.

FJJP
22nd Jun 2005, 20:42
I use a MS Trackball (wireless and corded at different locations). I have never had a problem with any of them, and because the trackball doesn't have to be moved like a mouse, is great for confined or lack of space.

We also have a number of wireless mice at work, and they are not a problem provided that you have a suitable surface pattern to move over.

Blacksheep
24th Jun 2005, 04:56
I've also seen the mouse replaced by a drawing pad with a cordless stylus that may double for use as either a pencil for drawing lines and writing on screen or like a mouse, to point at things. No time delays and no cleaning necessary. While it has point and click, there is no scroll wheel - you can't have everything, I suppose.

Air Conditioned
27th Jun 2005, 07:28
Folks: Many thanks. I shall make my way to the emporium and invest. Regards AC

Silver Tongued Cavalier
27th Jun 2005, 15:38
I've just bought myself a Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0.

Absolutely love it, no delay whatsoever , very smooth, great scrolling wheel, and works on nearly any surface.

Perfect.

ZH875
27th Jun 2005, 21:19
Been using a Microsoft Optical Mouse 2.0 for the last couple of years, wouldn't be without it.

Ausatco
1st Jul 2005, 11:08
I use a cheapie - an A4tech cordless optical mouse which came as part of an inexpensive cordless mouse/keyboard set.

Works a treat, no delay and if you reduce the speed of the cursor you can get one pixel accuracy if you need it.

The keyboard's ok too - multimedia and all that.

You can spend a lot, but in my experience there's no need to spend heaps of your hard-earned.

Cheers
AA