PDA

View Full Version : Dc-3 Down At Kalima Drc

napoleon
22nd Jun 2005, 04:25
A DC-3 BELONGING TO TIM ROMAN / WIMBI DIRA AIRWAYS KINSHASA CRASHED ON LANDING AT KALIMA EASTERN DRC ON SUNDAY, NO FATALITIES A FEW BRUISES AND A PAX RECIEVED A BROKEN ARM.
FORMELY ZS-KIV FORMERLY C9-ASQ THE DC-3 WAS PILOTED BY CAPT MWAMBA.
THE AIRCRAFT BOUNCED SEVERAL TIMES ON LANDING AND GOT AWAY FROM THE PILOT THIS RESULTED IN A GROUND LOOP RIPPING THE MLG OUT AND ONE ENGINE WAS TORN OUT OF ITS MOUNTS. THE PLANE IS TOTALED. SEEMS THE THE DRC EATS FORMER RSA REGISTRED DC-3's AT AN ALARMING RATE NOT ONE HAS MADE MORE THAN 5 FLIGHTS AFTER ARRIVING IN THE WONDERFUL COUNTRY KIV MADE 3............

tinpis
22nd Jun 2005, 06:14
Any chance of buying up the bits?:ooh:

napoleon
22nd Jun 2005, 08:50
TIM ROMAN +243 817005054 HE'D LOVE TO MAKE SOME MONEY FROM IT.

Grizzly Bare
22nd Jun 2005, 18:35
What a crying shame! :{
Flew that machine with IOA back in the old days, and saw her getting fixed up at Lanseria before she left for Kinshasa 18 months ago. What were they doing with her for that long in Kin without flying?
Was it the usual Congo maintenance, the usual Congo lack of flightcrew competance, or the usual Congo illegal company practices that killed this aircraft?

napoleon
23rd Jun 2005, 04:24
I ALSO FLEW IT AT IOA AS C9-ASQ I REMEBER MY LAST FLIGHT IN HER VERY VERY WELL AS IM SURE YOU DO TOO "GB". SHE WAS REBUILT AFTER THAT FLIGHT FROM STEM TO STERN AND TRUCK TO KEEL READY FOR PT-6's BUT IT NEVER HAPPENED.
I HEARD IT IS / WAS STILL IN GOOD ORDER HAVING HAD EXTENSIVE MX IN JAN FEB.
IT STOOD FOR OVER A YEAR DUE TO KNEE JERK MANAGEMENT AND NO QUALIFIED CREW BEING WILLING TO WORK FOR WDA FOR PEANUTS. ANYWAY A SAD END TO A FINE LADY. BTW HER SISTER IS IN MBUJI MAYI A VICTIM OF AS****s THINKING THEY WERE "OPERTORS"

a747
26th Jun 2005, 21:20
guys i used to fly with captain MAWAMBA as a copilot 15 years ago, the guy didnt have a depth vision and we used to hit branches on finals, as a newcomer to africa with 200TT - i tought it was fun and part of "bush flying", he tried to behave as a "mundele" pilot and sent S##T to all copi's, eventually he got lost one day and tried "to fly heading" on the ILS to KIN ending 50ft over the ain road to the airport' we got some "discussion" after this aproach - and became "friends" (i dont tell the boss and he let me land once a month) then he told me (laughing) how he had to do his instrument rating in the US 4 times (on a 172) cause he didnt know F#@K ALL. i guess theres no need for a black box as long as it drives the plane

napoleon
27th Jun 2005, 17:29
BEFORE THE PRANG I HEARD HE WAS A WIZARD.............NEVER HAD AN ENGINE FAILURE ETC ETC...........SINCE I HEARD FROM GUYS ON THE SCENE MORE OR LESS WHAT YOU HAVE ECPERIENCED. THAT WAS ANICE MACHINE HE F****D UP SOB

4HolerPoler
27th Jun 2005, 18:53
Ladies could we tone down on the language please - I don't have the time to sift through your posts with my censors pen but it's not on to use strong language on this site even if it has a couple of *** or @ in it.

Thanks for your understanding.

4HP

Parrot
27th Jun 2005, 22:50
So it was ex ZS-KIV ..but does anyone know what registration it was carrying when it pranged ?

aerotransport.org
28th Jun 2005, 18:43
9Q-CWI

AeroTransport Data Bank
http://www.aerotransport.org

Parrot
30th Jun 2005, 23:08
Thanks for the reg. A sad end to a fine aeroplane. R.I.P