PDA

View Full Version : NJE positioning NHT to Luton

Shagster
21st Jun 2005, 14:03
Just some info' to help out the NJE pilots making short hop flights between Northolt and Luton.

If Luton are on 08, file for a BUZ dep at 5000ft. If 26 is in use file for a CLN at 5000ft.

You will not fly the whole profile, once TC have you established you will be vectored of the SID for Luton. You may be stopped off at 4000ft.

If you file DCT FL100 the "computer will say no" and a cafuffle will arise as a slot is organised for you. This info was passed to the ops desk in Lisbon but seems to be slow filtering through to the crews, if you are NJE crew, please pass this on...:ok:

vintage ATCO
22nd Jun 2005, 19:24
Similarly, if you want to go Luton to Northolt don't file for FL100. If you want to stay inside controlled airspace, and I understand you prefer to, expect whichever SDR goes to BNN and 4000ft.

If you are happy to go below CAS it will either be an SDR to BPK or BNN (depending on Northolt's runway) and 2400ft.

Here to help. :ok:

Capt Crash
23rd Jun 2005, 05:46
Thank for the advice.

We are compelled by our Ops Manual to file and fly IFR if at all possible and God knows the last place I want to be is at 2400 feet on a sunny Saturday afternoon over North London.

Our dispachers file hundreds for flight plans each day and need helpful tips like this. I know management read these pages and I sure the points have been noted.

CC

P.S Shagster, I love the Little Britain quotes. I heard a Speedbird callsign checking in with an ATC unit in France 'enroute to ABITY' and loved the "Want Bitty....Bitty" that came from another unknown callsign.

AlanM
23rd Jun 2005, 07:41
The best one I have seen is Biggin Hill to Farnborough.

Before I go on I appreciate that is is company policy to fly IFR in CAS.

However, the other day the SAM SDR off Biggin flies for 5 track miles OUTSIDE CAS (doing a 270 degree turn after take off, and is unable to climb to 3000 into CAS until 3nm EAST of BIG) and then goes to DET-LYD-WAFFU etc.... miles south of Gatwick at FL100+

It then routes GWC-PEPIS decending outside CAS. Therefore the track distance of Biggin to Farnborough was almost the same as GWC - Farnborough.... and wouldn't have left you pointing at gliders and having used loads of fuel!

But, I guess "rules is rules"!

You can always ask GMC/TOWER at your departure airfield of an alternative routing - i.e. You are very unlikely to get 3000 feet from BIG-OCK, but if it is a really busy day I have taken jets just inside the Heathrow Zone to give a little protection.

The other side of the coin of course was a GLEX I saw go Biggin to Luton on a sunny day a few weeks back at 2.4A. Brave man in a very expensive jet!