PDA

View Full Version : New Ryanair Routes and wrong advertising!

nickmanl
21st Jun 2005, 11:02
Seems Ryanair is taking up Easy's old route from Stansted by operating Stansted - Grenoble, plus further frequencies on Polish routes.

Just checked their statement they are 97% cheaper than EasyJet on the route, and boy were they wrong

Flying out Stansted to Grenoble 29/09, returing 30/09 is a round trip of £40.25.

With easyJet on the same dates Luton to Grenoble the price is £33.64, meaning easyJet are around 15% cheaper.

Do you reckon I should point out their mistake? Then again, I think they now damn well what they are doing, but surely they cannot carry on with false advertising?

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
21st Jun 2005, 11:38
Could it maybe be selected dates that they are 90% cheaper?

GrahamK
21st Jun 2005, 11:46
They probably checked the prices for EZY tomorrow, then compared them to their own prices for flights in 6 months time ;)

The SSK
21st Jun 2005, 12:06
Normally when they do this they are referring to the cheapest advertised price - 99p against £29.99 or whatever.

allanmack
21st Jun 2005, 12:36
Don't know if the advertising is wrong as they have stipulated the following on their website:

FARE TABLE
*Fare source: Easyjet website, one-way fares London Luton to Grenoble ex taxes booking 17.06.05, travel 23.09.05
**Fare source: BA website, one-way fares ex taxes from London Heathrow to Vilnius (closest airport) booking 17.06.05 for travel 25.09.05
***Fare source LOT website, one-way fares ex taxes London Heathrow to Poznan (via Warsaw) booking 17.06.05 for travel 23.09.05
****Fare source: BA website, one-way fares ex taxes from London Heathrow to Warsaw (closest airport) booking 17.06.05 for travel 30.10.05
All Ryanair fares one-way ex taxes. Where possible start date of routes have been chosen for comparison

nickmanl
21st Jun 2005, 12:53
oh dear, oh well moral of the story (and life for that matter) always read the small print!

FormerFlyer
22nd Jun 2005, 08:22
So who do I fly with if I actually want to end up where FR take me?

Hmmmm :\

cheers ;)
FF

Powerjet1
22nd Jun 2005, 13:55
Read in the FT that ryan would withdraw up to five if its worse performing routes in Sept. Any ideas what they might be ?

nickmanl
22nd Jun 2005, 14:29
That is a surprise, although they've threatened recently the Newquay and Derry airport authorities, so maybe these might feature, although I'm sure Newquay is quite profitable!

My bet would be a couple of the Stansted routes, I'm pretty sure most of the Luton flights are experiencing excellent load factors.

anna_list
22nd Jun 2005, 14:37
It's a bit difficult to tell, since the full Winter schedule has not yet been released.

A frequency increase on STN - LDY was announced yesterday, but is not yet available for booking.

STN - RDZ and STN - FNI are not currently bookable from November onwards.

STN - NQY is currently bookable from November onwards (2x daily).

CIA - EIN is not currently bookable from November onwards (most other CIA flights are now bookable).

Winter flights from LTN, LPL, GRO and BGY don't appear to have been released yet.

initial
25th Jun 2005, 17:08
Have noticed on the Ryanair website - Murcia is now called 'Alicante South'

airhumberside
25th Jun 2005, 17:24
Didnt Virgin Express do that as well?