PDA

View Full Version : CPL/ME/MEIR licence Issue

willby
21st Jun 2005, 09:16
Hi
To have a CPL licencce issued and at the same time add the Multi IR and ME rating costs £194. To also add an SE rating would cost a further £100.
Can anyone suggest any good reasons for adding the SE rating in light of the additional cost? Didn't get any response in the other Wannabe forum, hence the re-post here.
Regards
Willby

Sky Goose
21st Jun 2005, 15:35
So you can jolly around in a SE for the fun of it and to keep in flying practise.
Thats why I did it. I was also annoyed about the price (£80 when I did it).

willby
21st Jun 2005, 16:38
Hi
Thanks Sky Goose but wouldn't the PPl cover that?
Regards
Willby

ATP_Al
21st Jun 2005, 17:11
You should only pay for new ratings to be added to your licence.

If you already hold a PPL with a valid SEP rating then it should carry across to your CPL. It will appear in the "ratings to be revalidated" section but you'll have to transfer the certificate of revalidation page from your old licence to your new one.

However, if you've never held a SEP rating before (i.e. you're an integrated course graduate) then you have no rating to carry across and you'll have to pay another issue fee. This is a pain, but since you've already paid for the flying to be entitled to the rating I can't see why you wouldn't want to claim it!

Hope that helps!

Al

[Edited to point out that you should always double check these things with the CAA if unsure - Al]

willby
22nd Jun 2005, 03:19
Hi ATP-AL,
That info was very helpful. Many thanks,
Regards
Willby