View Full Version : Converting flying license

seng_giap
21st Jun 2005, 09:08
Does anyone here knows whether can US FAA flying license be converted to Msian flying license? Thanks in advance.

longlatif
21st Jun 2005, 10:05
seng_giap DON'T BOTHER!!!

All your flaming hoops you have to jump through with DCA is a JOKE!!!

ICAO state? What planet is the Malaysian DCA on? As you may have read from my prevous posts on MFA and DCA you will gather that I dont like them very much....and I am a LOCAL!!!

FAA over here is like motorbike licence. You won't get any credit even if you have a JAR, New Zealand, Australian etc...

You want to convert? Here we go: $1RM = $3.8US

6 CAA Atpl subjects = $4500 RM
2 CAA Performance and Loading = $1000 RM
HPL = $150 RM
Air Law 1&2 = $40 RM
Type tech PA 34 = $70 RM

THEN you must have 35 hours twin....NO exceptions!

PA 34 = $1425 RM per hour

So after you do all that DCA says you can't hold a Malaysian CPL-IR (frozen atpl) because a company must sponsour you...

Call that tosser Mr Williams and let him try and explain what you must do. After you wasted 2 hours of you life on the phone feeling more confused and pissed, take a trip to Putrajaya and waste another afternoon listening to him shoot down your licence saying how much better the Malaysian licence is.

Then he will ASK you to write a letter so DCA consider your ratings, hours etc.... AFTER waiting 2 months, many phone calls and still no response, go back to Putrajaya and go through the whole process again... :*

FUN ISN'T IT? :E :E