PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways - Live TV On Board

A300Man-2005
21st Jun 2005, 07:36
QR is to install live TV onboard its fleet of A330's before the end of this year. So, we will be able to watch EastEnders whilst being served by the best cabin crew in the region.

I wonder how long it will be before there is a channel launched called "Al-Baker Vision"..................

fourplay
21st Jun 2005, 08:43
A300,

Thats nothing.
EY are planning to place a full sound stage and 100 seat amphitheatre in the A380.

They plan to have world leading artists play to packed houses
on all routes over 10 hours.

First to use this facility will be the really usefull theatre Co staging
Miss Sigon... helecopter and all!

W'ALLA...

:} :} :} Mine is way bigger/better than yours!

Airlines of Arabya :ok: :ok: :ok:

AMX10
21st Jun 2005, 08:57
Would be interesting to know what the content will be since EEEC states still have to end their scabbling over copyright issues.

Would not be surprised to see the aircraft refitted and no content available, another fantastic stunt from the AL Baker wonder I presume in the making like his "we take you more personally" bit.

Do you ever wonder where he gets his vision from?

A300Man-2005
21st Jun 2005, 09:27
Nice one Fourplay! That did make me smile............hope you're having fun!!!!

Reminds me somewhat of the Indian/British sketch show from the BBC, called "Goodness Gracious Me!", where there was frequently a sketch supposedly of two Indian middle aged mothers, each trying to outdo the other on the merits of their respective Sons, and always ended with the question, "but, how big is his dunda?" (whatever a dunda is, and excuse the probably incorrect spelling).

Don't know where AAB gets his vision - but there certainly is an element of trying to outdo each other too.

A300Man

mustangV8
21st Jun 2005, 09:43
'dunda' means stick or rod in hindi...does that complete the funny??

AMX10
21st Jun 2005, 10:49
Hence the famous idiom: " Dunda Pakro hey"

homesick rae
21st Jun 2005, 13:59
Nah, this is just to lead the crew into a false sense of security. There will actually be hidden cameras watching the service and when something goes wrong, AAB will pop up on the screens a la Trump on Apprentice mode: " L2, You're Fired! Grab parachute and jump at the next opportunity!"

Then again if he does decide to copy EY he can always bring the Circus on board...He certainly has enough clowns working for him and a perfectly suitable RING master in the shape the slimy Snake himself! SK.

Cheers

HR