PDA

View Full Version : FAA to DAC licenses-Brasil

aiellosky
21st Jun 2005, 06:06
Hello
I hold an FAA PP/Instrument/comercial/multi here in the US.
I am brazilian and i am thinking about going back there.
Is there anyone around here that knows what do i have to do to get my brazilian conversion for all these licenses.
Thanks
Luis

ricky-godf
21st Jun 2005, 12:28
Hi
I called the DAC few months ago to ask what I needed to do to convert a JAR license to a brazilian one, so I suppose the path should be pretty similar with an FAA license.
It's pretty straightforward:
-bring all your documentation to DAC (foreign license, logbook, etc etc...call the DAC to have an exact list)
-do a medical examination there in Brazil
-pay a fee that is around 120 reais and buy a brazilian logbook
-take a check-ride with an examiner
I should point out that before you can take the check-ride you need to have at least 3 take off and 3 landings in the last three months there in Brazil (remember the examiner is not an istructor, so you need to be pilot-in-command)

So, no conversion courses, no theoretical examinations, just consider the rent for aroud 45 minutes (what you need to perform 3 t-offs and ldgs) with an istructor and the rent for the examination (around 60 minutes).
According to DAC all this procedure should take not more than 3 weeks.

Anyway the most reliable sourse of information is calling directly the DAC, when I did it I got the line quickly and the operator was really helpful.

AeroBoero
22nd Jun 2005, 05:54
You do need to do the Regs written. 20 questions very similar to the FARīs.

aiellosky
22nd Jun 2005, 06:21
Hello
Do I need to get all the written test? i mean one for private, com, inst, etc etc???
Do you guys know where can I find the answers online?
THanks a lot
Luis

AeroBoero
23rd Jun 2005, 05:04
No, if you try to convert comm/ifr for example you will do only one written.

The best way to find out is to call the DAC. You can try here also. (http://www.dac.gov.br/principalIng/index.asp)

Good Luck!:ok:

laurent_avion
30th Jun 2005, 20:07
OI,

Is it really as quick as three weeks to convert the JAR license into Brazilian license????
Is there someone who actually had a Jar CPL/IR license and transformed it into a Brazilian license? Could he give us a brief testimony ( how long it took, how much did it cost, how hard it was) I would really appreciate.... Is there a minimum flying hours requisit??????

Obrigado gente,

Ate logo.

:ok:

laurent_avion
6th Aug 2005, 20:19
Hello again!

Anyone to answer the question Please???

Muito obrigado...

AeroBoero
7th Aug 2005, 05:34
laurent;

I have a JAA CPL, but I didnīt convert to a Brazilian licence as I havenīt that many hours in my JAR logbook and the fact of converting my ICAO to JAA is something Iīd rather forget about it..:suspect: :ouch:

So no help here, and also I suspect not THAT many people did this way.

aiellosky
3rd May 2006, 17:35
Hello,
A few months ago i tried to get some info on how to validate my FAA licenses in Brasil and i got no real answer.
So, i'd just done it.
Go to the DAC, in my case, SERAC 4 in Congonhas(SBSP) and:
-Take all the docs that are required- School Diploma,birth certificate, DAC form with your request, medical exam(done at the www.hasp.gov.br ),R$ 250 fee, your logbook and your FAA Card. Maybe a few other things that i dont remember right now.
They will send a copy of your card to Rio de Janeiro to the DAC. DAC will get a mail or fax from FAA to make sure your licenses are real.
-Once the SERAC4 receives an fax from DAC saying that your license is good they will call you and let you know that you are ok to get a flight of readaptation which is a 2 hours IFR flight with 3 landings at daylight and 2 at night.
- A 3x4 pic
A few other docs like an authorization to use the airplane for your checkride and another DAC form requesting a checkride.
They will let you know where and when the checkrides are done.
Pick a date and place and be there.
Checkride is a SID, IFR enroute and approaches.
I did an SID, followed by a 30 minutes flight to an airport near by with a NDB approach, touch and go, after that 2 visual traffic pattern work with one of those single engine( i was doing the multi/ifr).
IFR enroute back to the airport where i started and he asked me to do the NDB approach single engine and that was it.
It took me 2 months but i believe that it can be done quicker.
I got my papers in exactly when ANAC was taking over Civil Aviation which made things a little slower.
Good luck all
THanks
Luis

AeroBoero
9th May 2006, 17:00
It took me 8 months :} in my time to get the licence converted....some improvement. I did with the SERAC5 at the time.
Cheers

aiellosky
12th May 2006, 17:09
So, after ive done a checkride the examiner left the country and didnt leave the papers at the SERAC.
I went to the SERAC and spoke with the Major in charge and he gave me my Brazilian license.
Well....to finalize this thread i would say that i am very happy with the SERAC/DAC work. Everyone was very helpful and things happened very quick.
Thanks to them
Luis

varigflier
30th May 2006, 16:00
I did mine 2 years ago and it took a grueling 8 months. It could have been easily done in less than a month but things are very slow here. If you got it done in 2 months, consider yourself lucky!!!!!

Alexander H.
9th Jul 2006, 18:18
Possible to do this conversion without knowing portuguese language? I'm thinking about to live down there, and I don't speak it fluently yet.

aiellosky
22nd Jul 2006, 23:51
You have to be a brazilian citizen to be able to fly commercial in Brasil.
So...if you are a brazilian citizen you should be able to speak portuguese.
later
Luis

Possible to do this conversion without knowing portuguese language? I'm thinking about to live down there, and I don't speak it fluently yet.