PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair Interviews 2nd July

britannia301b
20th Jun 2005, 20:13
hi,

Just received an email from a company regarding Ryanair recruitment.

This is part of the application procedure because Ryanair dont do there own courses anymore.

I have been asked to attend an interview with Ryanair in Stansted on 2nd July 2005. Has anyone else ever attended and if so do you know the Cabin Crew course fees which i'll have to pay.

Im frightened.

PS Easyjet wrote back and said they arnt recruiting for NCL and would I go and work in Orly for them.

Is this a wise move? Where would I live?

Please respond.

Ta

Jonathan x

flapsforty
20th Jun 2005, 20:44
Jonathan, while you are waiting for responses, may I suggest you use the 'search' function at the top of the forum?
There is a lot of material about Ryan Air in the archives; use some time searching and you will find a lot of answer, also to questions you haven't even thought of asking yet. ;)
Good luck!

ChewyTheWookie
20th Jun 2005, 21:25
To be quite honest with you, I'd avoid Ryanair like I avoid swimming with angry sharks. I had an interview with them about 18 months ago and found them absolutely c**p. They have another company do the assessment day for them and the only contact with an actual Ryanair recruiter is a 2 minute interview. In my case, the guy was dressed in a very casual manner, looking like he was recruiting for McDonalds, not a professional airline. The cost of the training was £1500 and is apparently very very poor. It also involves you having to spend a month at Gatwick. In comparison, i had interviews with bmi and BA (who offered me the job) and they invited us for professional presentations and assessments in dedicated recruitment offices. The Ryanair interview was in a disused office block on an industrial estate. The other candidates at the assessment were not what I'd look at as "cabin crew material". By showing you have the intelligence to use a computer and the initiative to try and find out about the company, you have already set yourself a good distance away from most of the people I was interviewed with.

Added to the cost of your training there will also be the cost of the uniform and absolutely everything else. You have to buy your own food and drink while you work and even your own pens etc! Compared to BA who provide EVERYTHING (except shoes and suitcase) free of charge including food on aircraft (admittedly not great!) and as much as you want to drink at work, Ryanair look pathetic.

The work day at Ryanair is also very very tough. 6+ sector days are the norm, you have to clean the aircraft between sectors, no nightstops, the list goes on...

Oh, and you also have to have a medical at your own expense before starting work for them. It costs about £50 and they are very keen to push you into doing it on the interview day.

Sorry if I have disillutioned you with all this, I'd just highly recommend going elsewhere. Obviously since I have not worked for the airline I cannot go into any detail about what things are really like so you may find it's not as bad as expected.

Please feel free to PM me if you need any advice.

nurjio
20th Jun 2005, 22:04
Hmm, so how do Ryanair manage to fill their aircraft with cc?