PDA

View Full Version : Message for Penn Doff re OZ Jobs......

lame
28th Apr 2001, 10:59
Penn Doff,

Re our discussion, still no actual ads yet, but Ansett have now announced in the press that they will be hiring another 200 Engineers OZ wide, 120 for Melbourne and 80 for Brisbane.

Will let you know when/if they actually advertise.

Best regards,

"lame"

------------------
"I USED to be a PPRuNaholic, but now I'm CURED"

Penn Doff
28th Apr 2001, 13:19
Cheers for the info mate.

------------------
"please report further"

lame
28th Apr 2001, 13:23
No worries........

------------------

Aerosexual
1st May 2001, 13:01
Penn Dof, I actually went for a interview with Ansett three weeks ago, and well they are only interested in AME's as they said to me that they have enough LAME's. So that blew my chances, but you never know your luck. They are going in to the 3rd party maintenance business and currently have a contract with Air China's 146's.

Cat1234
1st May 2001, 15:16
Aerosexual
What base was the job for and what licences do have? I have something pending with AN so have some interest.
Thanks

------------------
Curiousity killed it

Aerosexual
2nd May 2001, 17:27
Cat 1234, I have A stack of books in with CASA at the moment and I am waiting for them to return with a licence. I have applications in for Grps 1- 5- 6- 10, EMB120 airframe, and 747-400 airframe. The job interview was for Brisbane.
They asked me if I would be interested in moving to NZ with the 747-400 licence, but the money was not to good.

GoodToGo!
5th May 2001, 02:09
Actually Aerosexual, the money is pretty darn ordinary. The 'new' LAME pay system really only rewards years of service not so much on the amount of licences one has. A lot of mates of mine who work there aren't real happy at all. (Didn't help when AN offered them VR and then knocked them ALL back either.......)

Cheers!

GTG!

------------------
And remember, she's GoodToGo!

lame
5th May 2001, 05:10
Still no advertisements yet, for either AN or QF, in the normal media places?

------------------

Aerosexual
5th May 2001, 05:32
I actually went for a contract position with AN thru Aeroready, but I never heard anything fom them, then AN rang up and asked if I could come in for a interview. Qf are not looking to put any more people on for at least 12 months, well not for Sydney anyway. But if I hear anymore I shall keep you posted.
GTG, seems as though all new OZ engineers are getting, to put it nicly, roggered. QF are proposing a new shift pattern and because the kind hearted elderly engineers needed to bargin something for a pay rise they gave away the 15% loading for new starters if they start before 7am. Which is around 5 grand for someone like myself.

Yours in suffering.

Kiwiconehead
7th May 2001, 04:07
Ansett advertised for SYD based engineers in Saturday's (I think) Sydney Morning Herald.

Wanted 737, 767 and Deathstar licences. Plus be caring, team orientated, kind to small animals etc. - normal recruitment bollocks.

Can't remember if it was apply direct or thru Aero ready.

lame
8th May 2001, 10:43
Penn Doff,

And any others interested, see my other thread re shortage of LAMEs.

CASA, our Australian regulator, have obviously been told by the Airlines that there are no LAMEs available in OZ, and also they cannot recruit even from Overseas.

Obviously we all know this is bullsh*t, so I can only suggest you send him an email like the one you sent me explaining how you tried to get a job when out here. I have already sent him an email telling him my opinion of this non-existent shortage.

Address is in other thread too, but is

[email protected]

Best regards,

"lame"

------------------

[This message has been edited by lame (edited 08 May 2001).]

lame
19th May 2001, 06:07
Penn Doff,

And anyone else interested, still no advertisements in the normal places for either Qantas or Ansett?

Best regards,

"lame"

------------------

D V D A
23rd May 2001, 19:57
Heard on the radio Virgin Blue's doubling it's workforce and absorbing a lot of the retrenched from Impulse.

------------------
D V D A
(sorry Trey)

lame
7th Jun 2001, 07:43
Penn Doff,

Just sent you an email with some news?

Get back to me please when time permits.

Best regards,

"lame"

------------------

lame
20th Jun 2001, 04:59
See other thread, about working in Australia, anyone interested can contact the agency at that email address?

------------------

prunehead
25th Jun 2001, 17:54
DVDA,

That isnt LAME's it's customer service officers.

lame
26th Aug 2001, 06:32
Penn Doff,

As promised, finally some news?

Ansett, or more correctly ANNZES, have now just advertised for AMEs and LAMEs for heavy maintenance in Brisbane.

They are seeking LAMEs with Licences on B737-300/400 and BAe146-200/300, also AMEs.

It is for heavy maintenance, NOT the line, and interestingly NO mention of Forstaff?

If you, or anyone else is interested, emails to [email protected] quoting refernce ANNZES/LAME/BNE/HM or change LAME to STRAME if you are an AME.

Best regards,

"lame"

lame
31st Aug 2001, 12:27
Penn Doff,

I cannot remember exactly what Licences you have????

Ansett are now also advertising for LAMEs for the Line in Sydney, need to have Electrical, Instrument and Radio Catagories, preferably endorsed on B747-400, B747 and B767 an advantage.

Same email address as before but reference for these positions is AN/ANNZES 72

Best regards,

"lame"