PDA

View Full Version : Helitech

comedyjock
20th Jun 2005, 14:16
Thinking of going in September to this event. Had a look on the website but was wondering if anybody has been before and whether its any good?

HOGE
20th Jun 2005, 14:30
Handy for networking, and stocking up on pens, pencils, keyrings, free magazine subscriptions etc.

Genghis the Engineer
20th Jun 2005, 14:55
I usually go if I can, will probably fly up.

It's not an "airshow" as such, it's serious "shop" - trade exhibitors, sales, business networking and so on. Much more a show for engineers and businessmen than pilots or spotters.

But, if you are looking to stay up to speed on what's going on in the "kit" world, it's a worthwhile trip.

and probably as last year, half a day at the show, half a day in the museum :O

Come to think of it, if anybody wants to cost-share up from Popham in my fastish cheap 4-seat plank, I'm open to offers - about an hour each way and should cost about £100 between us for the round trip (i.e. £25 each).

G

TheFlyingSquirrel
20th Jun 2005, 16:55
Shame it's not at Redhill anymore - it was fun getting the motor towed out of the mud with the resident tractor !

Cyclic Hotline
20th Jun 2005, 17:44
And always fun to see those suits and wellies - most alluring combination!:ooh:

STANDTO
20th Jun 2005, 18:56
can someone get me a couple of keyrings please. Can't find a justifiable excuse to get there, even though I spent two hours trying to argue a business case for police air support for next yrs TT this morn.:{

What Limits
20th Jun 2005, 22:12
Why don't you argue the case for a combined Police/HEMS aircraft. The IOM is crying out for a combined opertaion, but I guess that it could not afford either in isolation?