PDA

View Full Version : help with outlook express please

RAC/OPS
20th Jun 2005, 13:26
Hi there
If I get an email with a link in it, I can't click on it and go to that page from outlook express. is there any way this can be done?
Your words of wisdom much appreciated!

Lost_luggage34
20th Jun 2005, 13:44
Probably an obvious suggestion which you may have tried; have you 'cut and pasted' the link into your browser ?

I think you may have to do this if you use AOL.

RAC/OPS
20th Jun 2005, 13:52
Hi Lost_Luggage.
Yes, and that works, but what I want to happen is that when clicking on the link in the email, it would launch the page without having to cut and paste, much the same as when a hyperlink is inserted in these forums.

Lost_luggage34
20th Jun 2005, 16:24
Ah, with you now ! You may need to turn on 'HTML' vs 'Plain Text'.

It's in Tools -> Options -> Send, under Mail Sending Format.

Hope that helps.

RAC/OPS
20th Jun 2005, 18:44
Hi there again Lost_Luggage.
Found that and it is already HTML. When I put the cursor over the link the url comes up in the bar at the bottom of the screen above the start button. sorry don't know the correct term for it. But nothing happens when I click on it. Thanks for the reply though!!

BOAC
20th Jun 2005, 19:51
I have a vague recollection of the same a while back and I think 'repair' Internet Explorer sorted it out? Add/remove select 'repair'. Worth a go?

Spitoon
20th Jun 2005, 20:16
Try CTRL + click on the hyperlink.

RAC/OPS
21st Jun 2005, 10:14
Well, dunno what I've done.

Spitoon, holding CTRL and clicking worked, then I tried BOAC's suggestion, assuming you meant add/remove on the control panel. Couldn't find repair as an option but clicked on program access and defaults, which was set to 'custom'. I changed it to 'microsoft windows' and it now works without holding CTRL.

But when I look at the defaults again it is still on 'custom'. Maybe it won't change unless I reboot, but as I said it is now working.

Beers all round guys, thanks for the advice!!