PDA

View Full Version : On call/call-in pay

Jedi Knight
24th Apr 2001, 21:04
I am after some examples of call out pay and conditions for engineers,also on-call pay.
Please leave info if you are used in this way.

pitchrod2000
24th Apr 2001, 23:03
I have heard some pay 2hrs overtime per night on/call some pay 3hrs overtime for 7 nights on/call thats after working a late shift. The secret is I fear to become a pilot they are not allowed to be on/call after working a full shift. Will the CAA implement similar rules for engineers following the working hours survey!! I think not. Hope this is some use

Blacksheep
25th Apr 2001, 09:12
Tech Services. On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Equivalent of 25 UK pounds for call and up to one hour. 12.50 per hour or part therof thereafter.

Funny how most call-outs take an hour and ten minutes isn't it? :)

Through difficulties to the cinema

[This message has been edited by Blacksheep (edited 25 April 2001).]

JetMender
25th Apr 2001, 11:02
£5 call out fee & minimum of 4 hours overtime if called out. No standby system.

wafu
25th Apr 2001, 11:42
On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, no extra pay, but we did have the added bonus of going to sea on big gray boats.

Oh how I wish I had left earlier

4Rvibes
25th Apr 2001, 14:08
To wafu, I think we're talking REAL on-call here, as opposed to going to the NAAFI bar and getting rat-arsed every night. It means staying sober and sitting at home.
I get 11 hours OT per month plus a minimum of 4 hours OT per call.
That works out as £0.77 per hour for my social life (for what it's worth) being screwed.
Deep joy

troubleshooter
26th Apr 2001, 00:17
I thought we all turned out at the drop of the hat or phone call at 03.00 in the morning, purely for the love of the job, the glory, you can't do enough for a good company. Who wants money for that?
TS

Blacksheep
26th Apr 2001, 08:51
Actually I'd pay for the privilege of being allowed to get out of bed at three in the morning and go to work.

Just don't tell the Boss! :)

Through difficulties to the cinema

Jedi Knight
28th Apr 2001, 12:13
Thanks for the info guys, it will help out our case.