PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Bond

variablepitch
20th Jun 2005, 10:17
Hi,

Can anyone explain to me how the Qatar bond works? I have been advised $65,000 for 5 years. Does this decrease over time or does it mean that should I leave within the 5 years I have to pay this back?

thanks

VP

Hajj Man
20th Jun 2005, 11:40
I am assuminging that you are talking about the Ab-initio (s/o to f/o) program?

I am not sure of the price ticket on that, if you say $65,000 now then I guess you are right BUT you will have to pay the entire $65,000 if you depart within the first 12 months after you final line check. Then it is devided into the remaining four years and each month it reduces by the agreed price you bonded for. so that would be $65,000 divided by 48 months = what you will be reduced by every month..................

All of these rules are subject to change or may have done so already, WHO KNOWS?????????

Nice program for you guys to join Qatar Airways and fly the A-300 as this is the only aircraft you will be put on as an Ab-initio, ex-pat, new joiner. The A-320 is for the students of the Qatar Aviation College and the A-330 is not involved in this program.

Already two guys, one Belgium and one Britt are going through the A-300 and they will add no more than 6 to the program this year.

Like I say, it is a great deal if you are a low time guy to get HEAVY JET TIME for 5 years is a small sentance to pay for the experience.

hope this answers your PM to me as well as this post. If anyone knows of any changes to this please let this guy know..

HM:ok:

variablepitch
20th Jun 2005, 13:21
Hajj Man please check your PM