PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar height reqmnts?

blue_stew
20th Jun 2005, 01:34
In the back galley this weekend having a good old whinge about DJ and whats happening to it or rather us...some talked about going over to jetstar - I know they have a min/max height limit - but are they strict in enforcing it, ie: if you are just a cm or 2 over/under is it that important. I know DJ doesn;t seem to enforce it as some cc are really short and others are really tall?

Any help from you Rockstars would be helpful...

ozangel
20th Jun 2005, 01:40
They are pretty strict.

I do know a girl who was told a definite no, being just below 160cm, but (as I understand it) challenged them on the grounds she had performed the role of a flight attendant without issue at 2 other airlines, in aircraft just as big. She got a job in the end. Was all very hush hush though - dont know if her partner being a QF S/O had anything to do with it.

ditzyboy
20th Jun 2005, 04:39
Jetstar's height requirements are the same as QF's. Sorry I dunno what they are exactly. Are the on the Qantas website?

The Impulse minimum height requirement was lower than QF's and they came inline around 2002 due to the Career Progression agreement.

Iguanahead
20th Jun 2005, 05:21
The minimum is around 163cm the maximum is 180cm.

If you are too tall it isn't safe as you would be hitting the o/head lockers etc and would be an OHS issue. If you are too short it has to do with your arm span to be able to block exits and reach into overhead lockers so it becomes a safety issue.

I know of a couple of girls that got through just under the minimum as they could demonstrate that they could do the above by physically showing that they could do it.

Here's the link to the employment criteria for JQ cabin crew.

http://www.jobseeker.cabincrew.staffcv.com/public/det-entry.asp?empID=10240

Good luck with it all.:ok:

Grove
22nd Jun 2005, 09:41
Jetstar will enforce the height req 100%..163cm to a max of 180cm.No exceptions