PDA

View Full Version : a and c trying for electrics...and no oral!!

davej
9th Mar 2001, 00:35
well yes im another a and c man trying to get x electrics
but having great difficulty finding questions............anyone got any or know where any are??

Sharky Boy
9th Mar 2001, 19:54
Are you sure no oral for A&C going for Electrics?

ragspanner
9th Mar 2001, 21:22
deffo'no oral for 'x' elect .Checked with a mate at the CAA. If anyone has A&P (no A&C)with any uk lic' bang in for an A&C the CAA will give you the tickets for no exam !.

Le Pen
9th Mar 2001, 22:55
Hiya,
check out www.airmech.co.uk. (http://www.airmech.co.uk.) they have almost 200 JAR module 5 quetions and dozens of CAA BCAR questions.

Love

Le Pen

[This message has been edited by Le Pen (edited 10 March 2001).]

Diablo
10th Mar 2001, 00:06
Ragspanner,

Could you expand on that last post. If I had A & P, and also had any BCAR licence, what exactly would the CAA give me ? I know quite a few that have A & P and BCAR basic engines.
How would that apply to us avionics, if we took a long weekend on Long Island and came home with an A & P, what would that give us ?

I'm intrigued ?????????????????????

ragspanner
10th Mar 2001, 18:39
In theory you could apply for A&C (with an A&P cert & any 1 sect L ticket you would be exempt all multi choice & now the oral as well)& effectively get your additional licences by return of post !, the catch is that you must still meet the experience criteria (2 yrs).There is always the problem of getting the FAA to let you take the A&P exams.

anawanahuanana
10th Mar 2001, 21:05
I`d really like to know if this is a definate, `cos if it is, I`m gonna have to get some money together and get off to the US! If anyone has anymore information regarding this, please post it!

Cyclic Hotline
11th Mar 2001, 04:14
I have an A&P, IA and current A&C CAA licence (or is it JAA now?).

By what means do I apply for these free licences? Any other ones I can throw in at the same time?

rightstuff
11th Mar 2001, 13:00
CH,
I am in the same position as you (A&C and A&P)as well as avionics extension on company acft.It would be interesting to see if this would mean an automatic issue.

ragspanner
12th Mar 2001, 00:03
i think my last posting was perhaps a little confusing ,the A&P exemptions are only applicable to the A&C sect L licences - sorry !.

Multi-X
13th Mar 2001, 02:45
I have CAA LWTR M-X & A / FAA A&P and will still have to do an oral exam for C. The exemption is only for engineers who have passed the CAA written. This confirmed by letter from CAA LGW last week.

aeroguru
21st Mar 2001, 22:07
Any of you A and C taken an X extension recently.How was the written/oral.?
Appreciate any info you might give.

ottiss
22nd Mar 2001, 04:35
so what happens in june when all you have is an A&P (no CAA license). Do you still get exemptions?

[This message has been edited by ottiss (edited 22 March 2001).]

Blacksheep
22nd Mar 2001, 08:36
If someone had an A & P why would they want to bother with the UKCAA rubbish? An A & P is real money anywhere in the world beyond Heathrow's Terminal 3 departure lounge http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

Well not where I am, but most places...

Through difficulties to the cinema

spannersatcx
23rd Mar 2001, 12:35
Because it's not just for the UK but for ALL JAA member states and allows freedom of movement amongst these and other JAR approved organisations! Supposedly.

aeroguru
23rd Mar 2001, 15:26
Why should any exemption be given for what is a non JAA/European qualification.
But I know that some member states are going to rubber stamp their technician's licenses.
One thing about the FAA is that they don't bloodsuck their mechs/techs for the rest of their career with renewals/extensions/revamps etc etc.

Phantom Av
25th Mar 2001, 18:15
Sorry mate I have loads of question's. However, with next to no trade knowledge of electrics you would be dangerous armed with a module 21 licence. If you have a deep seated knowledge of the subject you would not be scrounging questions.

spannersatcx
25th Mar 2001, 19:44
Phantom Av, ever wondered why your sat in the crew room on your own!