PDA

View Full Version : QANTAS - The end as we know it ?

RYAN TCAD
19th Jun 2005, 16:55
Now that J* are starting international flights to NZ, does this mean a reduction in capacity and hence flights and therefore pilots req'd for that sector that QF would otherwise take abroad?

If this is the case and if jetstar expand their o/s services as time goes by, QF would perhaps require less QF branded a/c and less QF pilots that are paid twice that of jetstar pilots at a guess.

Is this the beginning of the end of QF as we know it now? And will recruiting start to slow down a bit now.

The other thought at the moment is that those A380's that QF seem to be ordering alot of lately - take twice the amount of people but still the same amount of crew!

One could be forgiven to think that the frequency of flights may decrease due to the a/c carrying twice as many people on them compared with what they have now, and therefore less pilots required per capita with regard to pax carried per trip??

What are your thoughts?

Bo!

The_Cutest_of_Borg
19th Jun 2005, 23:17
If Jetstar become two class, then you may have a point.

They have ordered 12 A380's. These will be Qantas aircraft and they don't carry twice the amount of people that a 747 carries.

The Riddler
20th Jun 2005, 02:50
Not just taking over routes on the Pacific.

Jetstar has just announced new services into TSV from 3 major cities on the East Coast.

footloose
20th Jun 2005, 09:23
Before Ansett went under, Kendall Airlines had taken over the F50 flying, the F28 flying and were working their way through the list of 146 destinations. It was no secret that the Ansett were keen to eventually offload the narrow body flying to their subsidery operation. It is a basic business objective to lower your cost base wherever you can. For my colleagues in the big Q, I say beware. Have your union start making very loud noises now! It is what you pay your subscriptions for. Good Luck to you all.

longjohn
20th Jun 2005, 09:58
Union?

Oh, you mean the Management Training camp.

AIPA is nothing more than a toothless tiger (and thats being unkind to toothless tigers, at least they have claws)

AIPA will ensure the survival of 747 - 400 Captains and A380 Captains Terms and Conditions for as long as possible until the inevidable meltdown.

Personally I blame the members. Most Qantas pilots are too apathetic to be disinterested in job security and future flying opportunities.

Better instead to fight over the position of deckchairs.........

Think I am joking? Just wait until the first A380 Command is filled by an ex Australian Airlines pilot. Then sit back and watch while the resources of AIPA become consumed by internal bickering.

Meanwhile Qantas will quietly divert a bit more flying from mainline.:(

Chris Higgins
21st Jun 2005, 02:38
The market for air travel continues to increase, you'll be needing a lot more lift than you're getting, especially with all the boomers retiring.

Ultralights
22nd Jun 2005, 07:40
is the end getting closer?

rumours aboud that QF may have downgrade prfits for the last 1/4!

sadly QF only knows one way to make $$, and thats to get it from staff! oh, whats happened at newcastle?

Condensation
22nd Jun 2005, 11:31
Is Qantas seriously this bad? :\

travel thickness
22nd Jun 2005, 11:48
Part of the Qantas business strategy is to create a "compelling"work environment for employees .I wet myself laughing every time I read it.Stalag 13 was more compelling than this joint