PDA

View Full Version : Easyjet-Low Cost!!!!!!!!!!!

grunt
19th Jun 2005, 11:18
Easyjet have just released their fares from belfast to geneva starting soon. A single on the 29 dec -£210 pounds one way, now that has to be a record for a so called low cost operator, booked 6 months in advance!!!! Return journey well over £300 plus tax

Avman
19th Jun 2005, 18:41
Go for a roundtrip even if you're not coming back! It'll probably be cheaper.

Fernando_Covas
19th Jun 2005, 18:52
I am supprised how hard people find the way low cost airlines operate....

Maude Charlee
20th Jun 2005, 07:47
What did you expect going to Switzerland in the winter, right before New Year too? Bloody simpleton! Suppose you're equally surprised to fing Palma, Malaga and Alicante expensive in the middle of summer!

Good grief! :rolleyes:

eastern wiseguy
20th Jun 2005, 13:22
Well I booked on the day they released the fares ...and got to Geneva ex BFS for £112 RETURN for two of us!!

Absolutely no complaints ....they are competitive ....and imho much appreciated!!

grunt
20th Jun 2005, 19:55
My word, what a friendly forum, not surprising when you watch the tv programme.

Simpleton booked Aer Lingus, better flight times, saved 180 pounds per head.

Pax Vobiscum
20th Jun 2005, 20:39
... and the moral is (as grunt has just demonstrated) - don't assume that the low cost operator will have the lowest fare (they may, but they may not)!

Avman
20th Jun 2005, 22:14
Quite right Pax Vobiscum. And, you might land nearer to your actual destination too! :E :D

eastern wiseguy
21st Jun 2005, 09:41
And, you might land nearer to your actual destination too

I WANT to fly from BELFAST to GENEVA...both happen with EasyJet

booked Aer Lingus, better flight times

And are almost 100 MILES from BELFAST ..so remind me again how this is a better option?

Of course the LoCo's aren't always the best option ..but in a case like this they are the ONLY option..

BRUpax
21st Jun 2005, 11:01
Perhaps Avman was having a little dig at RYR although not the direct subject of this thread.

eastern wiseguy
21st Jun 2005, 14:02
Hi Grunt

I just looked up British Airways ...same day ..same province for departure.

11:00, Belfast City, United Kingdom GBP 612.30 **
Price per adult including taxes and booking fees
Arriving: 19:10 , Geneva, Switzerland GBP 612.30**
Total price including tax and booking fee
Duration: 7h10 + 2 stop(s)
Carrier: British Airways

Seems like Ezy are the bargain!!!

newswatcher
21st Jun 2005, 14:13
Out of idle curiosity, I looked on Easyjet site, to find no flights on 29th December! Are you sure you got correct date? Wait two days, and you can get single for 59.99GBP!

Try BA return, via MAN, on that day, ex-BHD and returning a week later - £252.80 inc.(or £212.80 for two weeks) Duration 4 hours each way.

eastern wiseguy
21st Jun 2005, 14:19
Newswatcher ...probably ..but we were comparing single with single....:ok:

just looked 5 hours 20 minutes out

6 hours 10 minutes back

newswatcher
21st Jun 2005, 14:29
EW, I took timings from EXPEDIA. Leaves Belfast 15:40, arr MAN 16:40, dep MAN 18:00, arr Geneva 20:55. Allowing for time difference I make that 4hrs 15mins.
:confused:

eastern wiseguy
21st Jun 2005, 14:38
From OPODO

Departing: 15:40, Belfast City, United Kingdom

Arriving: 21:50 , Geneva, Switzerland
Duration: 5h10 + 2 stop(s)

Departing: 07:10, Geneva, Switzerland

Arriving: 12:30 , Belfast City, United Kingdom
Duration: 6h20 + 2 stop(s)

Total price including tax and booking fee GBP 207.00**

Carrier: British Airways Carrier: British Airways

Still inconvenient ...your times or mine ...rather fly direct ..without the hassle of changing :ok:

And I agree single fares are a rip off!

10secondsurvey
23rd Jun 2005, 22:54
Just a point on return fares, some airlines - BMI spring to mind, actually do good single prices, but others still require a return ticket for the best fare. If in doubt book a return, especially with BA, its much cheaper.

The point with 'budget' airlines like easyjet is that they are no longer usually the cheapest option. They were when they first started some years ago, but the market has moved on, and very often people like BA or Lufthansa or BMI are much much cheaper, and like someone previously said, you get to travel where you really want to go.

The exception to this is Ryanair, but that is a sub class of travel all of its own.

sixmilehighclub
24th Jun 2005, 20:38
a so called low cost operator

'Low Cost' means that the overheads or operating costs of the airline are low, ie; the crew clean the aircraft so there's no charge for cleaners, they sell snacks on board so they dont have overheads for passengers to receive free meals, they use cheaper airports as opposed to premium expensive city centre ones.....

It unfortunately does not mean the costs are low to the passenger. If you want lower fares, go to a 'low fares' airline.

;)

PAXboy
25th Jun 2005, 01:00
One key point about which fare is the lowest ... you will find with BA and (probably) other main line carriers, they discount the flight but that is it. Use it or Bin it.

With EZY, if you want to change one of the sectors, then pay (I think) a £10 charge plus any variation in the cost of the new sector from what you have paid. There are naturally some limits about changing destinations.

So, if you think that you might have to change one of the sectors, then it may very well be better to use an LCC. On BA, you would just bin the ticket (both sectors) and start again. It's called 'the small print'!!

For the record, I do not work for a carrier, nor ever have done.