PDA

View Full Version : RAAF, RAN. and Australian Army DFDA issues!

Fox3snapshot
18th Jun 2005, 23:34
Little publicity over here yet, but how does the Australian Commonwealth Government's decision to remove the powers of trial, charge and incarseration within the ADF affect the big picture....

Hand grenade passed onto the forum without a pin....

:sad:

Captain Sand Dune
19th Jun 2005, 01:13
As far as I'm aware the Government has not implemented anything, but is still deliberating upon the findings of the Senate commitee.
Wait and see, I guess.

jervisbay
13th Jul 2005, 11:32
Maybe if the Senior Officers had managed to allow the DFDA to operate without their special brand of assistance (read interference) the government inquiry wouldn't have needed to recommend that the management of the Act be taken out of the hands of the ADF and given to the civilians.... Of course the snr military leadership haven't yet grasped the link between their mismanagement of DFDA and the need for the Senate to launch an inquiry....

Runaway Gun
13th Jul 2005, 18:58
Does the DFDA still include the ruling about how the gate guards are responsible for stabling, feeding and watering down an Officer's horse upon arrival at the gate?

It did just a few years back...

scran
15th Jul 2005, 04:58
The important question here is:

WHy do you care Stu? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

S70B
17th Jul 2005, 11:00
Guards at the gate?? (subject to DFDA)

Military guards went out the window a few years back with all that MRU stuff. We've got a nice bunch of civi guys 'n gals manning the gates now. I don't think feeding and watering the horses made it into their contracts though.

It'll be nice when it goes full circle.

FishHead
18th Jul 2005, 06:38
1) The Senate inquiry made recommendations - The Government has not made any comment on what will be implemented

2) The Senate definition of 'military justice' included both DFDA related issues and administrative law - hence the reference to Redress of Grievances, Warnings and the like.

3) The inquiry recommendation was only to remove offences from the DFDA that had a direct civvie equivalent (ie, assault, fraud, theft) - not military specific ones (ie, insubordination, failure to comply). So you can still get busted for something!

Fox3snapshot
31st Jul 2005, 14:28
You wrote my best OER's, you know I have always cared.....

:E