PDA

View Full Version : Starting Early...

cansickmr
18th Jun 2005, 20:59
Hi,
I'm only 17 so not going to be rivalling other people here for a while (!), but I'm looking for a few bits of advice about getting into flying.
My dad's a pilot for Monarch so I was basically bitten by the bug at birth, but I realise that nowadays its so hard to get into flying, cost, job availability etc. Any advice at this early stage?

hingey
18th Jun 2005, 22:31
Get your PPL!

Whilst doing so, you will learn more about the industry and can consider the diferent routes to take towards a career. Show any potential employers that you are keen by starting early, as you clearly intend to do (not that those who don't aren't keen;))

Best of luck

h

Chrishammersley
19th Jun 2005, 12:35
Definitely should get a class 1 medical, without it you cant fly! I got mine when i was 17, now 18 and starting oxford's app course next month, time fly’s so to speak! all the best Chris

Mark Noble
19th Jun 2005, 15:36
Chris are you doing Oxford's zero - CPL there or have you some hours already?

How long is the course?

Chrishammersley
19th Jun 2005, 22:50
hi mark, i have absolutely no hours, well except for a pleasure flight for my birthday at kemble! the course is roughly 15 months, could be a little longer though, so they say, but i start on the 29th July, and will finish around the 20th october 2006. hope that was any help