PDA

View Full Version : Air Wales Order A319's?

speedbird_heavy
18th Jun 2005, 18:07
To quote from a previous post....

the order will be officially announced at the Paris Air Show next month. First crews off to TLS for training next February.

4 x A319 plus 2 options. First one in service by June 2006, others following at 4 monthly intervals.

Can anyone shed some light please because Airbus.com says:-

The full breakdown of announcements comprises ABC Aerolineas of Mexico for ten A320s, Air Cairo for six A318s, Air Caraïbes for two A330s, Leasing company ALAFCO for 12 A350s, leasing company GECAS for ten A350s, German Wings for 18 A319s, IndiGo for 100 A320 Family aircraft, Jet Airways for ten A330s, Kingfisher Airlines for five A330s, five A350s and five A380s, Qatar Airways for 60 A350s, TAM of Brazil for 20 A320 Family aircraft and eight A350s, Tiger Airways for eight A320s and an unannounced VIP customer for one A340-600, plus the 40 unannounced A320 Family aircraft

So what happened?

MerchantVenturer
18th Jun 2005, 18:31
Perhaps events have overtaken them in the sense that Thomsonfly/Tui seem to be having a big increase in flights from CWL next summer and Excel/Freedom Flights appear to be doing the same, so 6G might have had a re-think, if they ever intended to order the 319s in the first place.

BTW in the current 'New routes for Bristol etc' thread the 319 thing has been touched on in the past day or so, together with a suggestion that Air Wales were/are to start CWL-New York flights at some stage.

I hope Air Wales continue to build on their recent route increases whatever their equipment.

mmeteesside
18th Jun 2005, 18:38
plus the 40 unannounced A320 Family aircraft

Might it not be in them??

mmeteesside

speedbird_heavy
18th Jun 2005, 18:59
Could be, but I thought with an order like this there would have been lots of noise about it. Airwales.com says nowt either. Just wondering if it was just another fabricated roumor. Perhaps some Air Wales staff could enlighten?

Mark Lewis
18th Jun 2005, 19:18
I think someone was taking the mick :)

JB007
18th Jun 2005, 20:25
I suspect NOT!:rolleyes:

Oshkosh George
18th Jun 2005, 21:55
They maybe ordered them from a leasing company? I can't see it myself,unless this is more work share with bmi(using their aircraft)? OK,I know it's baby at the moment.

They certainly don't have the routes for them at the moment.

WATABENCH
18th Jun 2005, 22:37
Is that the rustle of planning papers i hear coming from Rhoose? Methinks CWL is gona need a larger check-in area, pref in next year or so, things finally seem to be looking up for CWL.

No_Speed_Restriction
18th Jun 2005, 23:18
Mind if I shed some light(try this for a possible scenario)?

Some individuals or possibly individual have mastered the art of talking/spreading utter $hite! Until news of the A319(if any) gets channeled to the 6g crew officially, anything transmitted through Pprune to suggest otherwise would constitute utter $hit stirring! Why? I do not know. Guess someone feels they need to draw attention to themself. Sad!!!!

:yuk:

330-Purser
19th Jun 2005, 19:05
Hmmm... sounds quite possible.

I hear on the grapevine that Air Wales have procured the services of a certain ex-Cabin Crew Manager of a well known A319CJ operator from LTN.

Maybe he's being drafted in to recruit and train the hosties for the buses???

Stone Cold
19th Jun 2005, 19:30
Not going to happen never was, not for a few years yet anyway.

Trust me I know. They are buliding it up slowly and it's the correct way for them, they will get there but not for a couple of years.

No_Speed_Restriction
20th Jun 2005, 00:57
Agreed. 330 purser, you have been misinformed. Also the current cabin crew manager isnt going anywhere.

On standby
20th Jun 2005, 09:45
Been talking to a couple of friends who fly at 6G. Seems one or two of the crews have put 2 & 2 together and come up with about 9!

They say that the boss would like jets and has spoken about the possibility of one day having somthing like 737 or 319. Has never said when it will actually happen.

No_Speed_Restriction
20th Jun 2005, 11:21
Maybe now we can put this to rest.

Interesting how one comment from an individual who has excelled in spurting utter :mad: led to this.

Rumours spread quick. Unfortunately they take time to subside.

WATABENCH
21st Jun 2005, 02:05
Is this the same $hit spreading that I was told about with regards to an Air Wales service to New York?

No_Speed_Restriction
21st Jun 2005, 08:21
Yes but that was done a while back by another individual(which I guess was just brainstorming/something to shoot for in the future when/if 6g was to get jets.)

but the current round of $hite is what I would class is the NG(sorry Boeing) of $hite stirring.

speedbird_heavy
21st Jun 2005, 08:47
So aeroconejo is the NG of **** stiring......And Air Wales are not to get any jets for the while then?

No_Speed_Restriction
21st Jun 2005, 09:54
Did I mention that name :confused: :E ??????

At the end of the day, the pilots of 6g want the company to grow from strength to strength. The thought of acquiring jets in the future is what any start up turboprop airline aspires to. The problem is that once in a while, throwing the "verbal" cat amongst the pidgeons doesnt help much for anyone's street cred.

Best solution is to keep shtum(which is all one can do) and let the pen pusher/s do the rest. :sad: