PDA

View Full Version : Win Media Player/Burning

Maxflyer
18th Jun 2005, 14:56
I tried to create an audio disk by burning selected tracks from my win media player library to disk. The disk is complete and when loaded the pc tells me it has an audio disk in the drive. Win media player starts and the visualization comes on, but no sound. I have checked all my settings and can't find anything wrong. Any suggestions greatly accepted.

SilentlyScreaming
24th Jun 2005, 11:00
Does same occur if audio CD is put into a normal CD player?
If no one else has any recommendations, tryout WinAmp (www.winamp.com) to see if problem is WMP based error, or elsewhere. You can use WinAmp to try to listen to the Cd, as well as trying to burn a fresh copy. (Speed limited unless you purchase/unlock Pro version, but at least you'd know what was & wasn't the cause of the problem, hopefully)

Do normal Audio CDs from shop work ok in PC's drive?
If not, you may need to either connect an audio cable ebtween drive and your sound card, or alternatively, got device manager, check properties of the drive, and see if Digital Audio can be enabled. This uses the IDE interface to trasnfer the audio signal, I believe, so no sepearate audio cable is required.

Maxflyer
24th Jun 2005, 11:02
Thanks I'll try your suggestions and let you know the result.

MF