PDA

View Full Version : Cpl/atpl

flynbyu
18th Jun 2005, 07:19
I have come across some interesting information and was just wondering if other pilots in the UAE have heard of it before.

Your pilots licence states that you have an ATPL but your UAE work visa states your position is classified as a CPL, not ATPL.

Now what I have heard is that this is being done by a couple airlines because there is actually a few UAE labor laws which state minimums for salary and allowances such as housing and schooling.

When your employee states on your visa that you are a CPL position you qualify according to UAE labor laws for lower minimums then the minimums set for an ATPL pilot.

Does anyone have any further information about this?

flynbyu
19th Jun 2005, 08:42
Almost a 100 reads and no one has heard anything about this?

flynbyu
20th Jun 2005, 20:09
Everyone checking their visa's?

flynbyu
23rd Jun 2005, 20:30
Yeah it is just me again......

By the lack of responses, I assume that there may be a bit of truth to this.

If it was completely unfounded, I imagine it would have been stated by now.

For the life of me, I am shocked by all the complaints regarding housing, school and what not; that a few of you pilots out there would not want to share knowledge and pool resources together to possibly get some strength behind your position.

There is an offical gazette out there that does state the minimums to paid for salary and allowances in the Emirates and all you guys do sweet p*ss about it when you are being hosed.

So let me ask all you EK, EY, and GF/GT pilots are you all CPL's or ATPL's?

flynbyu
28th Jun 2005, 13:28
:confused: :confused: :confused:

flynbyu
30th Jun 2005, 18:40
Okay forget the original question, someone just answer why no reply?

Is it BS? Is it a lost cause? Someone must have some sort of reply

boeingdriverx
1st Jul 2005, 04:12
i am gf, and i dont have a clew about this topic, as far as i am not living in UAE but BAH...

Cerberus
1st Jul 2005, 07:19
Flynbyu,

By the lack of responses, I assume that there may be a bit of truth to this

Rather, I don't think anyone has any idea what you are on about. What is the point of the question?!

For it to be useful, UAE Labour Law must say something like:

1. CPL must earn 4,000AED/year min and live in a caravan in the desert.
2. ATPL must earn 18,000-100,000/month and live in a palace on the sea shore.

I have absolutely no idea what my visa says, it is written in arabic and doubt pointing out to the Labour court the contents of the visa will give me a payrise and a new house.

So if you know different, publish what the law says or stop wasting our time:zzz:

flynbyu
1st Jul 2005, 18:27
Cerberus:

Point of my question was does anyone have any further information about this rumor? Simply yes or no.

Has anybody actually had their visa translated so they know what they have written in their passport? Surely some of you have not put total faith in the system to have a document in your passport that you have never read?

I do suppose that if all the pilots of an airline walked over to the Ministry of Justice, something could be done, the laborers do it all the time after they haven't been paid in 3 months time in order to collect there wages.

If you are contracted as a ATPL but your visa which you have never read/got translated states different and the minimums are different surely something could be done

http://www.mol.gov.ae/pages-EN/documents-en/federalLaw-EN.pdf

Page 25 of this publication states that there is an Official Gazette that states all the minimums etc... But surprisingly I can not get a hold of the gazette.......

I posted here about it, hoping that perhaps some of you other pilots would know anything about this. That is why I ask for information and not stated blatenly that you guys are getting hosed because they took for granted they would get 1000's of expat pilots who wouldn't never get their visa's translated while working in a foriegn country.