PDA

View Full Version : Heavylift PNG

helisteve
17th Jun 2005, 22:13
I see Heavylift PNG are advertising for IFR 212 drivers. Anyone know where in PNG this is likely to be based - onshore or offshore,term of contract and likely $ ? Thanks in advance

rotorwing
18th Jun 2005, 11:54
Haven't they just merged with Regional? Imagine working for a Dutchman???

BigMike
18th Jun 2005, 13:27
What are the conditions there these days?

BigMike

rotorboy
18th Jun 2005, 14:48
212- Peackeeper operation in the Solomons. Same as the Bristow 332.

also heard Hevilift is getting 3 As350b3 for mag work contract.

bigmike check pm's later today.

RB

sling load
20th Jun 2005, 05:10
Hevilift PNG is no longer, it is Hevilift Ltd now, complete restructure of management and merger with Regional Aviation. The MD of the new joint venture company is the owner of Regional.
A lot of people have left and the conditions there are worse than the old Hevilift. Pilots have to fund their own insurance policies.
The high time long line fellows have left in numbers and secured employment elsewhere.
The pilots in the Solomon Islands have also walked and they are attempting to replace them.

If you take employment with them, just be aware of what they will offer in terms of medical repatriation and life insurance, PNG and the Solomons Is isnt exactly the safest place to work. A colleague of mine got offered A$4200 a month for an IFR 212 slot, not exactly huge money for an IFR driver in a third world location.

mustering guru
22nd Jun 2005, 05:57
Do they pay in US$ or AUS$..??

and whats there pay scale on average for 206 drivers with long line time??

and do they let you progress into the 212??

gulliBell
29th Jun 2005, 03:25
$4200 per month for only 6 months work per year sounds OK to me, where do I sign up!