PDA

View Full Version : UnFreezing JAR ATP??

4granted
17th Jun 2005, 17:16
Before I begin, I have asked this question before on the flight training forums but havent received any info.
So, I presently fly the HS125-400 & 700 as a co pilot on my South African Licence. 500 odd hours on type.
I want to unfreeze my JAR ATP on the same aircraft or a simulator in UK or EU.

Have been to GECAT at Gatwick, their Sim not JAR approved(!)
Been to SIMUFLITE USA, but cant do JAR Testing (!).
Do I find a company and hire one or are there any schools that can help.

Anyone got any idea? How do you become a Captain if not employed by EU company?

Thanks, any info appreciated.

4G:confused:

pilotbear
20th Jun 2005, 19:56
Call Simuflite in Dubai, I am on a Hawker 800XP JAA type rating at the moment, but you will need to do a base check on the aircraft in the EU or UK which comprises of six take offs and landings.
Also call club 328 they might be looking for crew, so might netjets as they have bought the whole production line for the next few years from Raytheon.

Chippie Chappie
21st Jun 2005, 08:35
Hi 4granted,

You haven't given quite enough information as to your background. Do you have all the other requirements for the JAR ATPL? Are you HS125 type-rated or does the SA CAA allow co-pilot time without a type rating as they do in the USA? Have you worked in Europe before? I'm also a bit confused as to your last question about becoming a captain with a non-EU company. Are you asking how to become a direct entry captain with an EU company?

But without that info... yes, Dubai do both Hawker 800 and 800XP type ratings though they have to arrange an examiner well in advance. I'm sure that you will find that Flight Safty are JAR approved and I'm very surprised that Simuflite USA can't help you out.

In the end, it's doubtful that a EU company would give you a direct entry command without prior experience in Europe. Any company that takes you on could well upgrade you if you have the hours and are good enough as there is a shortage of HS125 captains. To do this, you'd have to undergo upgrade training so why not do you ATPL test in association with that?

Just my 2 euro cents worth.

Cheers,

Chips

pilotbear
15th Jul 2005, 20:38
Simulflite in Dubai have a JAA examiner and FAA examiner on staff