PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best type rating to go for and where?

wilderbeest
17th Jun 2005, 08:37
Dear all,

Im instructing at the moment and toying with the idea of purchasing a type rating. Two questions really which one and where to do it? Any opinions welcome im just trying to get as much thought on the subject as possible before i bite the bullet and splash the cash.

Please forgive any punctuation or grammatical errors.

CAT3C AUTOLAND
17th Jun 2005, 09:49
You may want to use the search function on this one, and you will be bombarded with numerous posts on this subject.

AIRWAY
17th Jun 2005, 10:02
One Step Beyond

Im instructing at the moment

:ok:

One Step Beyond
18th Jun 2005, 11:33
Sorry, I'll get my coat...

Sky Goose
18th Jun 2005, 12:55
Im thinking about it too. Had my licence for 2 years now with not much happening.

I'll probably try the ryanair thing, and see how it goes. At the end of the day if a £20k rating gets me 900 hours a year in a jet its been worth while. I also dont like the idea of paying for a rating, but much less like the idea of sitting on the sidelines for another 2 years.

Spoke to some blokes the other day who are self funding, and getting 100 hours on line, £30k later. It allot of money but if it will get you a job.....I recon it worth it.
Not quite shure if Id do it without a prospect of a job, Id do it through a program which has a partner airline eg Ryanair, Asterus etc.

Jut my opinion, so all you SSTR loathers dont shoot me down....

Goose

DeltaT
3rd Jul 2005, 01:09
OK, I will give you some advice, just my humble opinion.
Well unless you want to go for a particular airline like Ryanair, if you look at whats being bought and sold around the world, a S**t load of airlines are going A320.

spaceman1000
3rd Jul 2005, 13:46
the best would be 737 maybe, with no guarantee

DeltaT
11th Jul 2005, 20:49
hahaha, and so someone posts with a contradiction straight away.
We are all allowed an opinion, however Spaceman1000 what do you base yours on?
Again, I say, look at which are are being ordered more of right now, 737 or A320?