PDA

View Full Version : Sqn Banter - PLEASE Join In the fun!

retribution
16th Jun 2005, 13:58
Ok, so picture the scene...Summer camp starts at sleepy old RAF Nania, a scene straight out of the Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe... Students from the Sqn on the 'Dark Side' of the base are wandering around aimlessly bumping into trees and QFI's, looking for their aircraft which are sitting on the line waiting for them.

While they are on camp, proud in the knowledge that they have put another year of Uni behind them, causing mayhem with ATC, bonging Controlled Airspace and revelling in the euphoria of their first solo they foolishly leave their Sqn building open and allow us to steal their beloved Table Football!

http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/49/ag/cd_1_b.JPG

So gentlemen, here it is - the better Sqn won again! Please Please Please, click the link below - we want to get as much interest as possible, we are looking at a target of 2000 hits by the end of the auction, spread the word far and wide to anyone you know and please, feel free to bid on the item so they never get to see it again! Also, if you have an Ebay account, then please just add it to your 'Watched Items' section so we can try to get it onto the Ebay Homepage!

All proceeds will of course be donated to charity, namely the Manchester and Salford UAS Haircut and beard shaving fund - so will obviously go to good use and make the guys look almost respectable when moving around the Stn!

Please enjoy, send them plenty of banterful messages (the more the better) and spread the word!

Yours,

Retribution
A Branch of Liverpool UAS!:cool:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7163189196

bighedsmallface
16th Jun 2005, 14:07
They never were that bright.:ok: :ok:

retribution
16th Jun 2005, 14:19
So, I take it you were on the bright side then?

Where you at now?

Engineer
16th Jun 2005, 14:25
Be careful Glazier might put a bid in :D

retribution
16th Jun 2005, 14:26
:ok: A funny Blunty, nice to see...!:ok:

Bob Viking
16th Jun 2005, 14:35
Bighedsmallface is currently sat right next me as a fellow JP but thats the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to him as being on the bright side. Quite the opposite actually!
BV

VP8
16th Jun 2005, 14:38
Northumbrian UAS seem to be the highest bidders yet!!

VEEPS:E

retribution
16th Jun 2005, 14:40
Colt or Marham...? We're always game for a fly through:O E to W mind!

Yeh, we need people to start bidding to change that!:cool:

bighedsmallface
16th Jun 2005, 14:45
As BV says am a JP in EAST East Anglia on the Cold War Memorial Flightİ. E to W it is then. I'll be in touch - is OC LUAS OC Flying at the mo?

retribution
16th Jun 2005, 14:50
we're currently stuck on the bright side, bored and winded out... Look out for the roof's when you come over-how about that fly by if we promise to return the favour in out high peformance airfix kits!

he\'s the stn cdr...

kippermate
16th Jun 2005, 15:24
Retribution,

Obviously you did not mean that you stole the said item, but simply borrowed it and are looking after it until its owners have stopped bumping into trees etc. I would hate for any of the PPRuNe readers to get the impression that you were a bunch of thieving scousers, with no potential officer qualities whatsoever! I suspect that your boss may be thinking along those lines as well (especially if his boss is reading this thread!!!)

So lets ensure that this banter does indeed stay friendly before someone gets an interview with neither coffee nor biscuits!

:ok:

kipper

retribution
16th Jun 2005, 15:29
Of course, its all in the name of FRIENDLY rivalry...But if the bidding gets high enough - rumour is that OC MASUAS is willing to throw his dog in too!!!

A bargain me thinks - so while you are all busy bidding i'll get my SD Hat and go to the Boss' Office!

http://www.abbottanimalhealth.com/images/black%20lab%20225.jpg

retribution
16th Jun 2005, 16:36
Thanks for the interest, hits and banter so far! PLEASE KEEP IT COMING! Our target is 2000 Ebay hits and to get the bidding way up...

Also, as mentioned in the first post, please, if you have an Ebay account, add the item to your watched items list so we can try to get on Ebay's homepage!

COME ON!
:ok:

Oggin Aviator
16th Jun 2005, 16:48
MASUAS always were a poor second to the mighty LUAS. And they smelled :E

Oggin

Proud ex member of LUAS (89-91).

p.s. Is a potential reunion OC LUAS posted about a while ago in the offing?

BigGrecian
16th Jun 2005, 17:54
Quality - however don't agree with
All proceeds will of course be donated to charity, namely the Manchester and Salford UAS Haircut and beard shaving fund - so will obviously go to good use and make the guys look almost respectable when moving around the Stn!

A charity would be a little more appropiate.

retribution
16th Jun 2005, 20:48
Im not sure about a reunion...I will put the feelers out for you again tomorrow.

We would love to donate the money to charity but if you've ever seen the state of them then ud understand! ;)

Flatfish
16th Jun 2005, 22:12
As ex MASUAS, I obviously couldn't condone your scouse thievery. LUAS were always a bunch of ruffians and bullies when I was at Woodvale in the Early 90's (& think i've just got a poss lo ID on Oggin Aviator!).

A LUAS reunion from Oggin Aviators era would probably throw up a bunch of double glazing salesmen !

;)

Itsrainingagain
17th Jun 2005, 06:17
There would seem to be a LUAS reunion soon - look in the latest RAF News.

Obviously, ex-UWAS studes are more observant and awake than London studes!!!

BEagle
17th Jun 2005, 07:00
Please do not confuse the premiere University Air Squadron with a bunch of thieving low-life!

University of London Air Squadron = ULAS
Scouser UAS = LUAS

Liverpool University - surely an oxymoron?

And no ULAS student would stoop to the level of being associated with Kevball - or even table Kevball!

But I guess the UWAS Lads are still winning all the rugby football matches.....

olddog
17th Jun 2005, 07:27
Great Banter, and good fun. Typical Scouse move. LUAS didn't win the annual inter UAS sports competition at Woodvale once during my time at Woodvale (mid-late 90s). Guess they hope to improve their chances this year by removing the pitch!!!

Good luck to both Sqns, but my loyalties at Woodvale will always lie with MASUAS. What news of the future of Woodvale under the limited flying regime? Hard to imagine it staying open just for 10 AEFin the current financial climate.

I'm just about to finish my RAF flying after 39 years and treasure the memories of my 3 UAS tours

ShyTorque
17th Jun 2005, 08:47
I understand an offer to exchange said item for a set of alloy wheels has just been rejected.

bighedsmallface
17th Jun 2005, 11:30
altogether now..........

MASUAS W@~K W@~K W@~K, MASUAS W@~K W@~K W@~K

skyflash
17th Jun 2005, 14:39
I was In LUAS but from the University of Central Lancashire. They really will let any academically challenged person onto that squadron . I basked in the knowledge of being in the top 10 percent on the one hand but faced ridicule for being from an old Polly on the other....ive opened old wounds there...very painful.

ACW599
17th Jun 2005, 15:32
Excuse my ignorance but who are these northern upstarts? There's only one UAS and it's based at St Athan. All others are inferior imitations :-(

olddog
17th Jun 2005, 15:57
"For 24 Years we've been living next dor to LUAS"

LUAS! LUAS? Wh the F*** Are LUAS?

buoy15
17th Jun 2005, 19:23
retrubution

I trust you do not have aspirations for a commission in the Royal Air Force

Could get a job on Blue Peter though!

Here's one we stole earlier! Ha!

Oggin Aviator
17th Jun 2005, 19:29
Is Celia still working behind the bar in the mess?

"cecelia, you're breaking my heart ...
I'm down on my knees ..... " etc etc

Great times!

A LUAS reunion from Oggin Aviators era would probably throw up a bunch of double glazing salesmen !

They probably have better T + C's than those still serving :ugh:

Oggin

devonianflyer
17th Jun 2005, 19:51
olddog - LUAS are the current holders of the vauxhall cup.

Also, if anyone is able to take a fly through of Woodvale W-E, and surveys the scenes around the buildings, they will see that LUAS are on top and having the last laugh!!!

DF

Grey Area
17th Jun 2005, 20:42
Being on the "bright side" can I assume that your Ebay log-on is just random pickings from the telephone directory and not actually your real name? After all no-one would be that stupid....

opso
18th Jun 2005, 00:48
So, whilst eBay's T&Cs state:

The sale of stolen property is strictly forbidden on eBay, and violates UK, Irish and international law. eBay strongly supports law enforcement efforts to recover stolen property that is listed on its web site, and urges the prosecution of those responsible for knowingly attempting to sell such items on eBay. Stolen property includes items taken from private individuals, as well as property taken without authorisation from companies or governments

If you see an item on eBay that you believe is stolen, your best course is to contact law enforcement immediately. Under eBay's privacy rules, our lawyers will provide important records about pending and past listings with an official request from law enforcement officials. Please inform the police officer handling the case that eBay will be pleased to cooperate in the investigation, and ask the officer to contact eBay via the Law Enforcement area in the Safety Centre. It is important that these methods of contact be reserved for law enforcement use only, as it enables us to respond quickly in case of emergencies. Emails/faxes directed to these areas that are not from law enforcement will be routed to the appropriate mailbox or individual accordingly and may cause delays in response time.:hmm: We have someone bragging about the item being stolen goods on this site and seemingly selling it under their own login. Intelligence really is not a pre-requisite for university these days...

And he previously bought his own aircrew watch (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=66528&item=6521969134) and Mr Hanky (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20918&item=5973848646). Please don't call us Mr Murphy and we won't call you.

retribution
18th Jun 2005, 12:00
What fun this is! MASUAS are still bumping into trees, LUAS are on top, we do hold the Vauxhall and to answer your question Bouy15, if you know if there are any jobs going on Blue Peter, please do let me know - im sure the pay and morale is much better than it is here at the moment with all that is going on! But thats a topic for another thread me thinks!

Such a typical OpsO...Of course you read Ebay's T's & C's - what else would you do with all of your spare time behind the desk while the JP and one of the Flt Cdr's sort the programme for you?!? ;)

Keep the banter coming guys - keep clicking on Ebay and telling all of your friends etc... By the time MASUAS even realise what is going on it'll be too late and there beloved table will non doubt be gone forever to a home where the people can actually see the ball moving around!

Love and Hugs!

Retribution :cool:

rooftopartist
18th Jun 2005, 12:00
Do I detect a hint of bitterness opso!?

PIPE DOWN!

Perhaps the victims of the table football 'borrowing' shouldn't have stolen LUAS items in the first place! How ironic that it was the scousers that were the FIRST victims of thieving this time round.

I reckon opso needs a few pinches of salt, if he actually believes that someone would really sell the table, nevermind under their 'real' name, I suspect he's sadly mistaken.

Read the forum title and first few postings, 'FRIENDLY BANTER' is mentioned a few times. Not the actual selling of a stolen item, I suppose you thought we were actually going to sell OC MASUAS dog? May I add that OC MASUAS highly endorses this healthy banter.

Just join in and bid so it gets on the front of ebay.

Perhaps opso could PIPE UP again when he devises banter that results in 480+ ebay hits, 30+ pprune replies, and 2000+ pprune viewings, until then, may all LUAS past and present hand back your dummy and put you back in your pram!!!!

criminal
18th Jun 2005, 12:38
Ahhh, the joy of being on the winning 'bright' side for the second time this year - VAUXHALL TROPHY being the first!!, out-bantering being the second.

It would appear that the darkside love their table so much they're willing to bid for it themselves:

Current bid: GBP 77.00

High bidder: masuas

Nuff said!!

OPSO, instead of spending ur time reading small print on eBay why not visit Formby Barber's open monday-saturday 9am-6pm. Haircuts cost £6, but if you mention the special phrase "MASUAS for the 'chop'" you save a pound. Also if u turn up in a group of fifty or more (that's about how many members of the darkside require a haircut), you save 50% of the advertised price.:O

C

BEagle
18th Jun 2005, 12:55
In any case, the 'borrowing' of other peoples' hub caps, video recorders, wives, table kevball machines etc is a scouser breed trait, rather than a criminal act...

Eh, eh, eh, soft lad?

retribution
18th Jun 2005, 13:23
Couldn't have put it better myself BEagle! Now, while the sun is out - the Formby girls looking hot, anyone up for stealing...Sorry, borrowing a frisbee and heading down to the beach with a BBQ and Beer?

Hope this wx stays for next week so we can do more of the same!

Ah...Criminal nice to hear from you boy! Glad we're all getting in on it and dragging the boys from the other side down! Ha Ha!

I've just found a TopLoader CD which im sure stars some of those MASUAS boys with long hair!

http://www.oneforthelads.btinternet.co.uk/toploader.jpg

Big Sunny, Drunken Hugs now!

Retribution :cool:

rooftopartist
18th Jun 2005, 14:34
Loving the banter, but come on, is that all you've really got? I mean an age old stereotype!? Im sure LUAS are deeply wounded ;)

Hate to p#ss on your parade BEagle, but most people attend a university away from home, hence those on LUAS aren't all scousers, follow the logic? NOT that LUAS would be any less of a place if it were, probably the opposite! :ok:

Perhaps the ULAS studes were too timid to leave the home counties :{

Yep, more sun and relaxing bbqs on the beach please redemption!

BEagle, you could have done the sam... oh no, hang on a minute, ULAS is at Wyton, nowhere near a nice beach. Oh well ULAS, bull them shoes and chop up them salutes for those ex Air rankers moving around the station to the AEF, I guess the bbqs will have to hold!

Keep bidding people!

BEagle
18th Jun 2005, 15:04
Well, when I was first on ULAS as a student it was at White Waltham, then when I came back as a QFI it was at Abingdon and later Benson. Still rather a long way from any beach, I suppose.

Apart from the Summer Camps at Thorney Island and St Mawgan, of course. When the RAF could still afford to do things properly...oops, there I goes again :(

Would anyone from the Home Counties voluntarily move to a university in scouser land..? Somehow I doubt it - even with the 'attraction' of the 'Brewhkhie' bit part actresses sunning their flabby bodies on the beach.

ZH875
18th Jun 2005, 15:17
even with the 'attraction' of the 'Brewhkhie' bit part actresses sunning their flabby bodies on the beach.

But if it were the gals from Hollyoaks.....:ok:

retribution
18th Jun 2005, 15:39
Well said ZH!

And...It mostly is - Maloneys, Southport on a Sunday night...Lots of the cast can be found there expanding their Livers! Nothing like birdwatching near to the coast ;)

Retribution

Oggin Aviator
18th Jun 2005, 16:24
Would anyone from the Home Counties voluntarily move to a university in scouser land..?

Well, I did :D and bl@@dy glad I did too. Got away from the greed and one upmanship of the south - it was really quite refreshing.

An education in life, met a whole bunch of great people and had a smashing time. One thing that has stuck with me since leaving was the scouser's amazing sense of humour and generiosity of spirit. I was in the city center when they held a minute's silence just after the Heysel tragedy and it was very moving. Yes they have a reputation for being theiving gits but that kind of thing happens in most urban areas. Couple of times went to Preston Poly (as it was then called) to their Union with a LUAS oppo and again had a great time. Didnt really go too much to the Liverpool Union as it was run by students with vastly differing political views however when I did pop in the beer was cheap!

.... and who could ever forget an Abduls at the top of Bold street on the way home from a night out :ok:

Oggin

rooftopartist
19th Jun 2005, 20:07
Well said Oggin!

Couldn't have put it better myself.

And for the record, to affirm retribution, the lovely Hollyoaks girls also frequent favoured LUAS bars in Liverpool City Centre!

Drifting off point anyway!

LETS GET BACK TO EBAY!!!!!

Nice to see the scots bidding, keep it up!

Helibelly
21st Jun 2005, 07:01
Will someone PM me with the details of the LUAS reunion as I can't get a copy of RAF News out here in the republic. As for selling MASUAS's footie table on ebay, that really is poor form, we would have burnt it, and posted the remains to OC MASUAS....

senga
21st Jun 2005, 19:55
Although I'm not one to point the finger or anything.... but my money is on someone who has got bored of scribbling on perspex and ruining flying progs and has decided to ruin what, until now, has been some harmless banter......

opso....

was it you...???

sweet work retribution, but remember.... ELUAS (may it rest in peace) was always the supreme Sqn, as I'm sure 'olddog' will agree... (and if he doesn't I have a particularly good pic of him at the end of a formal dinner in our special wee townhouse in Edinburgh which may or may not be made public.....)

:}

olddog
24th Jun 2005, 07:42
Ah! I am uncoverered!! Yes undoubtedly ELUAS were the best UAS ever and the inter-scottish UAS rivalry was superb and always in good humour and (relatively) harmless. I for one am sad to see the UAS system changing. SENGA see your PMs