PDA

View Full Version : Orals Dropped for BCAR Section L LWTR

Penn Doff
2nd Mar 2001, 15:30
Rumour hot off the press, the CAA have dropped the oral from license exams for anyone who holds an existing LWTR!!!!
This will help us poor old A & C guys get the X license!!!!

------------------
"please report further"

Ali Crom
2nd Mar 2001, 16:22
Mmmm now let me see. Two modules to get , 20 & 21 , last exam date before deadline - 23 May (which gives me about 11 weeks to start 'learning' parrot fashion 110 possible questions) & a spare 138 quid in my back pocket.
No more penalty marking , no more written essays & no more oral .
Maybe I'll just collect the tokens on the back of my Frosties packets and just wait for when they give us the license for nothing.
Cynic moi?

[This message has been edited by Ali Crom (edited 02 March 2001).]

anawanahuanana
2nd Mar 2001, 19:43
I wouldn`t be sure sure about that! I know for a fact that they were still doing orals yesterday (for my friend who got his second LWTR), so if it is true, someone had better tell Irvine, before I`m up in a couple of weeks........

Penn Doff
2nd Mar 2001, 21:42
Sorry to let you down anawana but all applications in the system work by the old rules!!!

------------------
"please report further"

WenWe
2nd Mar 2001, 23:10
This (rumour?) is doing the rounds at our place as well.
Had put it down as a wind up, but it came from a reliable source who reckons he passed 20/21 with no oral.
Apparently it's down to the number of applicants jamming up the system.

Diablo
2nd Mar 2001, 23:37
I also heard the rumour, if you have a few tickets already. The reason was that they were snowed under.

I spoke to a CAA surveyor a few days ago and he said most of his avionic colleuges were off sick with split sides laughing so much at the A & C guys trying to expain all they know about lazionics !!!!!!!!

:) ;) :) ;)

balti king
3rd Mar 2001, 00:42
This is 100% correct for the following: The CAA have removed the requirement for Licensed Engineers extending coverage to attend an oral examination when a successful written exam pass is acheived. Not applicable to unlicensed engineers on issue of first licence. A couple of LAEs with my company have benefitted from this recent CAA decision.

Keep collecting your Green Shield Stamps and you too could be an LAE!

jetfueldrinker
3rd Mar 2001, 00:52
Interesting to read this thread. I have a period of enforced absence to the forseable future. Best I get studying now as I hate the oral part of the exam. Never liked the taste of penis.

But I know an A & C guy, totally hot when it comes to theroy and dedicated to Sikc Sigma; but as he had difficulty describing what a coulomb was, he failed. If he had been asked what implications there were for a spliced and crimped cable (more relavent in my books) he would have passed in my books. Glad to see has since passed and become a Team leader.

Rob_L
4th Mar 2001, 00:29
A friend of mine due an oral to extend from Aeroplanes 2 to gas turbines was phoned at home by the CAA last week and told no need to attend.
The licence is in the post!!!!!!!!!!

What a joke the CAA have turned into, they couldn't organise a pissup in a brewery.

GotTheTshirt
4th Mar 2001, 18:30
This thread should be connected to the "ICAO Type II thread" on this forum !!

Deja VU ?????

Cynic Moi ?

unonome
7th Mar 2001, 04:07
I was told recently that an A licensed engineer who had passed his C multi-choice, but failed his ( C )oral on more than one occasion had his C license in the post. From what I can see he failed the oral for a very good reason (he didn't know his stuff). What justifiable reason can the CAA come up with for this?

------------------
uno