PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific hate me or hate me not.

Fish_And_Chips
16th Jun 2005, 12:17
Dear all,

Right, here is my little story. Years ago, after graduated with an aeronautical engining degree I applied to Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme and managed to get into the second phase of the interview. However, by some reason(s) I did not made it.

Well, with a broken heart. I decided to self-sponsor myself a PPL with IR (I don't have a rich family, I worked outrageously hard to make money for the flight training) in order to prove to CX that I am serious to become a pilot and of course; I DO HAVE A REAL INTEREST IN FLYING, no matter of what.

Anyway, after few applications, Cathay Pacific was finally being "GENEROUS" or "MERCY" to offer me a chance for interview. Surprise, surprise, Cathay Pacific told me to "sod-off" after 1st phase of the interview.

With a broken heart again, I am wondering what is the chance like to Re-apply for Cadet Pilot Programme with Cathay Pacific and do I have to wait for few years as what did before.

Thanks for all yours moral support.
Cheerio.

Luke SkyToddler
16th Jun 2005, 12:30
Hey man there's a whole forum devoted to Cathay Pacific wannabes, and it's over HERE (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=99)

Fish_And_Chips
16th Jun 2005, 12:47
Hey Luke Skytodder,

I know, but I just want others (no matter they are interested with Cathay Pacific or not) to know the 'Dark Side' of Cathay Pacific and let them judge is this worth for me to re-apply to CX.

Thanks for all yours moral support anyway.
Cherrio.

Craggenmore
16th Jun 2005, 15:47
I met a 3x reject on the old BA scheme. When asked...

"what will you do if we fail you...?"

He always replied......

"I will re apply...."

which he did........... and is now on BA's 777

................which is nice..!

:)