PDA

View Full Version : iTunes and MP3

Herp
16th Jun 2005, 12:14
Help please!

I have an MP3 player and use iTunes to buy music on the net. The player is a Rio Carbon and only recognises MP3 files, but new music downloaded from iTunes is in MPeg4 format. As these are protected files, they cannot be converted to MP3, so I can't listen to them on my gadget.

Are there any ideas out there for a solution to this problem?

Hamrah
16th Jun 2005, 17:22
I find that THIS (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/) works a treat for converting audio formats.

H

goates
17th Jun 2005, 15:34
There are programs that let you remove the DRM Apple places on the iTunes downloads. Note that this is illegal in the States, and possibly elsewhere.

You could also burn the files to CD, and then rip them back to the computer as MP3 files. Kind of a pain and it will result in lower quality files, but it does work.

goates

Herp
29th Jun 2005, 08:20
Thanks guys....haven't checked the forum for a while, hence the tardy reply.

I've tried the burning to CD method, but if downloading a single track from time to time, this is not a good option, regardless of the quality drop.

I'll check out the site you recommend Hamrah.

Cheers.

maxell
29th Jun 2005, 11:27
Is it possible to burn them as an image file then mount the image on a virtual drive to rip them back to mp3 could save a lot of discs. Think Nero is capable of it but never tried it

Max

goates
29th Jun 2005, 15:38
I think you would have to burn them through iTunes as the DRM restrictions won't let other programs play the files. Although if you could find a program that mounted what looked like a blank CD to iTunes, you might be able to.

goates

Flik Roll
2nd Jul 2005, 11:48
Burn them onto CD using iTunes, then rip them using Windows Media or whatever you use with your carbon likes. Cars don't play AAC/MP4's (apple music format) so they are burnt as MP3s :)