PDA

View Full Version : Blackpool - IOM service?

ridetheglide
16th Jun 2005, 10:54
Whats the beef with this new "A2B" service operating between Blackpool and the Isle Of Man?
Heard it's the same chap running the airline that used to run Airtours.

Route starts Tuesday 21st June

ALLMCC
16th Jun 2005, 11:10
Think its the new name for Flykeen - their schedules now show a flight code of 2B.

Blackpool Radar
16th Jun 2005, 13:24
Our local newspaper reports a new airline is starting up at Blackpool serving the BLK-IOM route. If Flykeen were changing their name there would be something about it on their website and the paper wouldn't say "new airline".

Plus I haven't heard about any change of name from Flykeen or their handling agents, Servisair

sarah123
16th Jun 2005, 13:47
Just read the paper online. Its says some interesting things:

- The launch of 60 flights/week. 2 initially to IOM and Belfast
- New Company takes over from FlyKeen
- Weeks away from announcing more flights to Europe
- New routes initially likely to be other parts of Ireland and
to the near continent
- Bigger fasrter a/c will be aquired to go further afield

People behind this are formar Airtours and MyTravel chairman and former director of Flykeen.

Sounds pretty ambitious to me for a new start-up airline and what a/c will they use. I believe they have a S360 at the moment. Ok for short hops but to the continent? Good luck to them but as others have said I'd like to see Ryanair develop more. What are other peoples thoughts?

JB007
16th Jun 2005, 15:01
Anyone know which AIH Directors ????

ridetheglide
16th Jun 2005, 18:07
The former Chairman

Oshkosh George
16th Jun 2005, 18:42
The A2B website redirects you to Flykeen's. What more proof do you need that they are linked?

Flykeen's site says they are using an Aerocondor(Portugal),british registered Short 360.This is G-VBAC.

TheOtherSide
16th Jun 2005, 22:49
It is not the former Chairman! It is the Director Of Aviation who is behind this Mike Lee. I wish them all the best and in their favor they have a great leader.

ridetheglide
16th Jun 2005, 23:00
Hope they do well. Think the airline needed a bit of re-branding in the end. I wouldve travelled on them on my trip to the IOM in August, but were too expensive. Emerald at Liverpool held the cheaper option.

Blackpool Radar
17th Jun 2005, 09:28
I don't see how such a small airline operating such a short route as BLK-IOM can be so expensive:( Yet LPL-IOM; bigger airline and a slightly longer route is half the cost.

Ronaldsway Radar
18th Jun 2005, 00:36
I can see another EuroManx style arguemnt forming here!!
:D

JB007
18th Jun 2005, 20:29
Ahhh..now Mike Lee makes more sense....David Crossland I just couldn't believe!!!!

Flying Fokker
20th Jun 2005, 12:09
Expect an annoucement sometime this week!!!!!!!

kick the tires
21st Jun 2005, 15:45
dust off your MD-83 rating chaps!