PDA

View Full Version : New shirts for Jetstar Crew??

Sky_hi!
16th Jun 2005, 08:20
I recently heard some 'galley gossip' that Jetstar crew would soon be getting new shirts!

Apparantly they will be the same design, but made from a different fabric, the same kind of shiny material that soccer players wear?!

Sounds 'fully sick mate!'

;)

Bizzi_Boi
16th Jun 2005, 09:02
Totally fully sick. Given how much static they are going to pick up in the cabin.

At QF when we wear the International serving jacket you get some super charged static shocks off the carts, and better still handing a pax a plastic tumbler when your full static charged. *haha*

Thats when the FA smile has to work overtime. :D

Would be interesting to find out why they are going for a change.

Bizzi_Boi

ditzyboy
16th Jun 2005, 09:45
Having flown with two of those who are trialing it I can say that it looks nicer and will not fade. But it is a little too shiney for guys. Looks a bit outta place. Looked ok on female but it pulls on velcro (which we have a lot of at JQ) and is a bit too cool.

It is made of some stuff that extracts heat and odour from your body??? Something like that. And it is treated with some antimicrobial agent that will prevent us from stinking... Though it isn't the crew that stink - usually ;)

How about cotton business shirts / blouses in charcoal or white? Nah - we couldn't possibly have a uniform that crew look good in and are proud to wear :hmm:

QF skywalker
16th Jun 2005, 10:01
A very dear JQ CM informed me that part of the reason for female crew wanting newly designed shirts was that the current low round neck 'hooters' shirt revealed to much skin and seat belts were therefore rubbing and causing bruises etc on cabin crew ??

Ditzy - at least you have wings !

ditzyboy
17th Jun 2005, 15:26
"Ditzy - at least you have wings !"

Would they be the cheap plastic ones? Yes... Now wear did I put them??? :hmm:

None of us guys (or at least the ones with self respect!) wear the jacket anyway so the wings are seldom worn. You just have to ask yourself if wearing wings is worth the BRIGHT ORANGE lapels... I think NOT. ;)