PDA

View Full Version : Hervey Bay and Maryborough QLD

go_solo
15th Jun 2005, 21:42
Hi,

I'm planning to come out to Australia in Sept to do a bit of hour building and plan to stay in Maryborough/Hervey Bay, Queensland.

I know both towns have airports with flying clubs and have been trying to find a web site for either. I've flown in Maryborough before but that was seven years ago so guess things have changed.

Does anyone have either a web address or contact email for the clubs or any members?

Cheers

Go Solo

tinpis
15th Jun 2005, 22:20
Nothing will change in Merryburrow in the next 70 years.

Ultralights
16th Jun 2005, 08:33
i was thinking exactly the same thing Maryboring hasnt changed in well over 50 yrs! still having the monthly BBq's in Ye olde clubhouse surrounded by a sea of toads!

Bidgee
16th Jun 2005, 08:47
Solo,

Try here. Good luck.
http://www.aeroclub.com.au

4Floors
20th Jun 2005, 04:42
Yeh, if that doesn't work try:

www.scarefraserisland.com.au

Always looking for willing young up-starts... Careful of captn. Squelch though, I hear he only hires attractive young men. :uhoh:

Oh and do yourself a favour and check fuel quantities yourself before jumping in an aeroplane with him.

4Floors

go_solo
28th Jun 2005, 23:24
Thanks all, much appreciated. I’m not sure how, but I managed to miss the Sunday BBQ’s at Maryborough, however looking forward to changing that as coming from Scotland...eating outside would be a novelty!! :-)

I managed to get a couple of telephone numbers but if anyone has email addresses for the club or instructors that would be great!

Cheers

Go Solo