PDA

View Full Version : Sigmar Aviation - anyone know anything?

Raw Data
15th Jun 2005, 11:48
Hi all -

I have a computer-illiterate friend who is considering a contract advertised by a company called Sigmar Aviation, on a 146. I have never heard of them, so on his behalf - does anyone know anything about them? Good? Bad? Anything?

Cheers!

Phileas Fogg
15th Jun 2005, 12:48
Raw,
Have a look in the Air Deccan thread, YYZDUB works for Sigmar, he'll brainwash you that they're the best thing since sliced bread, dare to say a word against them and he gets all upset.

They've been in aviation contracts less than one year, that's all I'm saying, don't want to get flamed ..... again!

Phileas Fogg
15th Jun 2005, 13:33
YYZ,
You seem very intent in turning this into a childish slanging match, please excuse me if I refrain from playing your games.

I have not repeatedly or continued to slander Sigmar, I made, I recall, a solitary post, you responded and I left it at that.

I made a more recent post regarding AD, you interfered, what the **** has it got to do with you, you are merely a customer of AD, one can say what the hell they like about them and it's got diddly squat to do with you or Sigmar.

You're the one that brought Sigmat back into topic, not me nor anybody else so please stop posting your crap that I continue to slander your company, I don't!

You need to grow, stop reading into something that is not there and stop taking everything so personally.

PS. Commercial advertising on PPRUNE is not allowed

Raw Data
15th Jun 2005, 17:11
Guys... guys... guys!!!

I just wanted to know what they are like... no need for all this aggro.

Now many moons ago, I worked for an agency. Their name started with a "b" and they were a bit of a nightmare. maybe they are better now, but they gave me a bad time.

Sigmar might be new... but this could be a good thing.

They seem to have the backing and personnel they require.

So... do they look after their crews, or not? What is their attitude towards their pilots? Do they leave you hanging by your goolies in a foreign country, or do they watch your back for you? You guys know the stuff I mean...

Feel free to PM me if you like. yyzdub, tell me what your company is like as well.

STOKKEN
16th Jun 2005, 04:50
Hi Raw Data, not sure about the argument between Phogg and the Sigmar guys. Seems strange that Agencies are arguing with PPRUNERs is that allowed Moderator. Never seen agencies posting on PPRUNE like this. Anyway all I know is that "tried and tested" is always better...... Make what you will out of that. Thats my honest opinion.
:ok:

Phileas Fogg
16th Jun 2005, 09:18
Hi Stokken,
That's the impression (only) put out by YYZ. I don't work for an agency, YYZ hasn't got a clue, he's just making random stabs hoping that I will fall for the bait, as he seems to do every time!

Jetdriver
16th Jun 2005, 10:50
Commercial advertising is allowed on PPRuNe. The details are here (http://www.pprune.org/advert.php) . Advertising through the threads is not normally allowed. The name of a company may well occur in a thread by virtue of a question, observation or discussion and although such things are carefully monitored and may indeed sail close to the wind on occaisions, that doesn't necessarily constitute a violation of the site rules.

Phileas Fogg
17th Jun 2005, 20:01
Following PM received from Sigmar Aviation (YYZDUB), he had been trying to silence me but then he put my back up (edited to avoid boredom setting in):

Phileas Fogg,
If you go back and re read what has transpired through the forums here, you will see that there was no ‘biting’ as you put it at the ‘mere mention of one of our clients’, rather it was a defence to what we know to be false. Air Deccan is not our bread and butter and in the grand scheme of things, irrelevant to what has transpired here. Instead, as with similar situations, I would voice my opinion and thoughts to what I believe, and have said all along, to be false.

I agree 100% with what you say about good and bad customers and that some clients are far from ideal. At no time did I ever say Air Deccan was the perfect airline, paying the highest salaries, etc. as you referred to me as having said. However, we do have a close relationship with them, we have a number of pilots who have been onsite for a length of time and as such have voiced what their concerns and what they have experienced and as a note, for the most part all are quite happy with their arrangements.

As for the Colombian pilot. I will admit that I have no idea about his situation. What I can comment on is that you can’t fault Air Deccan for paying the pilot $4000 USD and working him to the max. The pilot always has the option to walk away. Furthermore, I know of no circumstance where someone has ever had to forfeit their passport to their employer be it aviation or any other industry and I find it extremely hard to believe that AD would withhold his. We are talking about a grown adult who would know that he could just take himself to the nearest embassy and request a new passport or report the instance to whomever. He is not working in a communist county, albeit their practices may not follow what us ‘Westerns’ may consider the norm, but for someone to not do anything about something as serious as a passport is just silly.

So, how can you get upset with me for saying that you are a liar. Your post is completely false. We have always had the contract and secondly, as a company we are new, but our experience collectively could be one of the most extensive in the market.

Anyway, PF, I hardly believe what comes out of your mouth – you’re naming opinion as fact rather than what it is – either second/third hand information or just that, opinion.

There is certainly an arrogance to you – I only hope you use it as an alias online and not in your personal life. Best of luck to you.

Raw Data
18th Jun 2005, 02:36
So what is the problem here? What yyzdub says is pretty accurate it seems.

My own experience of the contract world, is that it can be a bit brutal if you don't know what to expect. Having said that, anybody with a modicum of intelligence should realise that. You know where you are going, you know how much you will be paid and what is included in the package. There is no way you can complain if the airline wants to get it's money's worth.

The other point worth mentioning is that, in my time in the contract world, I came across quite a few pilots who were more than happy to screw their employers, so it isn't a one-way street. I also know that the contract world can attract pilots who can't make it as career pilots in larger airlines for one reason or another. Some I have flown with were barely competent, others had the personalities of rodents.

My take on what I have managed to find out about Sigmar so far, is that they are far better than average in the way they select and support their pilots. The people running the company are experienced industry players, and there are several pilots amongst them, so they know their business. It turns out I have met one or two of them before in my travels, and they seemed pretty straight to me.

In addition, they are part of a large employment company and have some serious backing.

From the information I have so far, it is clear that they go a lot further to protect the pilots they have in the field, than most companies I have dealt with in the past. They also appear to have good support networks.

Now none of the above is meant to imply that they are the best thing since sliced bread, it is just what I have found out so far. I have no relationship with them, I am just an interested bystander. The information I have could be wrong!

One thing though, if you want to leave a contract and the company witholds your passport (why would they have it in the first place???), yyzdub is right - just go to your embassy. You don't have to hang around and wait for it to "appear".

As I mentioned, the contract world is for grown-ups.