PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Nigeria

The Big Easy
15th Jun 2005, 09:39
I know I've asked this question before but....... I see Virgin Nigeria are starting long haul services sooner than expected with A340/300's. Will this operation be crewed by Virgin Atlantic flightdeck? How many aircraft?

Scroggs, time to step up to the plate again!

TBE.

scroggs
15th Jun 2005, 10:23
Yes, they will be full VS flight deck crews - initially, at least - and part-VS cabin crews, while locally-based crews are being trained. As I understand it, the A340s (don't know how many, but the first - G-VBUS - came out of the shed last week) will remain British registered for now, so the commanders will presumably be VS crew until that situation changes.

Virgin Nigeria isn't really my field of expertise (such as it is!), so I can only pass on hearsay stuff about it, which means don't take anything I say as gospel!

exvicar
17th Jun 2005, 10:33
Interesting to see that due to the Lagos security situation, the US & UK have just closed their Embassies/High Commisions:(

Revnetwork
17th Jun 2005, 11:24
The US cosulate was not shut due to "the" security situation in Lagos, but due to "a" security incident. Not quite the same thing!!
The UK mission was shut in response to the US situation.
Could be anything. The incident was of an international dimension

ZAZOO
17th Jun 2005, 17:18
Interesting to see that due to the Lagos security situation, the US & UK have just closed their Embassies/High Commisions...

:ooh: :ooh: what security situation in Lagos exvicar, could you elaborate.... last thing I can imagine is the American or British Mission in Nigeria closed.....:rolleyes: ;) Its Prime Location for their Foreign Policies :O :O

Back to more serious issues, its great to see the Aircraft for VirginNigeria up and ready to go, its about time and big applause to the VirginNigeria Team. Although I do have some issues about the joint venture agreement concerning the domestic operations, its great to see that Nigeria is about to be put back on the international Aviation Map again and in association with Virgin Atlantic, I could not ask for anyone else.
Ironically in 1997 I flew Virgin Atlantic for the first time from London to Los Angeles to complete my CFII & MEI Licenses and after the flight could not help asking myself why we in Nigeria could not operate an Airline like Virgin Atlantic, I had enjoyed the flight and continue to fly them when I can.
Hopefully VirginNigeria will make Nigeria proud and create a new path for Aviation in Nigeria (We do need it)

And by the way if the aircraft does operate a flight to New York before its inaugural flight to Lagos, well it will just give New York a taste of whats to come.

All the best and Bon Voyage...:ok:

Zazoo

exvicar
18th Jun 2005, 11:43
ZAZOO

Try this then!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4103294.stm

CAPTAINNIC
19th Jun 2005, 12:45
virgin nigeria was looking for pilots and they had an application deadline. but they have a very lousy HR departement. they did not bother to even give you a reply... same with virgin atlantic.. noone seems to bother to be fair and nice...

the respect for pilots goes down the drain..