PDA

View Full Version : PATS Sydney Course June 25th , and 26th

Pilbara Bloke
15th Jun 2005, 08:21
I received some emails from this company and am thinking about attending this course , and have some Qs

* Is anyone else going ?

* Is this course worth the money - my airfare will be biggish. Has it really helped people that much?

* From the email I received I do not understand fully how the " free second course " offer expires after this weekend . Could I attend my " free second course" at any time, or would it have to be on this weekend ?

Maybe I will just stay in the North West - I hear it is getting cold in SE Aust .

:cool:

Transition Layer
15th Jun 2005, 08:36
PB,

(1) Can't answer but someone else might put their hand up. PATS are very keen to keep the identity of other attendees to themselves. Obviously everyone meets and chats during the day so it's highly unlikely you won't see some familiar faces or friends of friends. All that PATS asks is that you don't tell everyone you know: "Guess what, Joe Bloggs from XYZ Air Charter was at the PATS course". It's bound to happen though in this industry...

(2) $$$$ - is it worth it? YES! It seems a high proportion of recent new recruits (myself included) have done the PATS course at some stage. How badly do you want the job at QF? Anything you can do to make yourself more "competitive" (to borrow a QF phrase) has to help. I have no doubt whatsoever that my scores on the aptitude testing were higher than my pre-PATS attempt. I understand the airfare is pretty harsh but see above - How badly do you want the job at QF?

(3) Not sure, I know in the past that PATS would let you attend a second day for no charge. I did the course twice, a couple of months apart and didn't have to pay the second time. Maybe this offer is over. If you do decide to head to SYD to do it, it means you could attend both Sat and Sun for the price of just one day. Not a bad option, if your brain can handle it and you aren't tempted to hit the p1ss on Saturday night!

All the best with it, good luck.

Cheers,
TL

P.S. Woomeri - did my best to keep this objective and not spruiking the product too much!