PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Aussie Labour # 2

relax737
14th Jun 2005, 20:25
What s happened to the original thread.
First Woomera closed itbecause of some 'intemperate' comments and now it's gonecompletely.

It seems that Kaptain M can threaten legal action but nobody else can even though KM's comments are more inflammatory than others. Intriguing or just support from within.
When the heat goes on Km the thread comes off.

Care to comment Woomera?

prospector
14th Jun 2005, 21:31
Could we have an answer to relax737's query please Woomera?

Having been on the receiving end of some KaptinM's shrewish invective in previous posts it would appear that he has open slather but one is not permitted to reply in kind.

Prospector

Kaptin M
14th Jun 2005, 22:16
My posts might well be construed as "shrewish & invective", but they are not personally defamatory, nor continued harassment of one individual.
As I stated in that thread, I`m happy to play within the rules - and have been chided, or had posts pulled, when in the moderators` opinion(s) I stepped outside those boundaries.
Flying Ninja went several steps over the limit by carrying out a personal attack on me, including identifying me by initials, and other information.
Copies of all 6 pages are in safe keeping, and are currently being reviewed.
Yes, legal action is probable.

Speedlever
14th Jun 2005, 23:45
Kapt M,

As I mentioned before, there are plenty of posts by you, attacking others. But that seems ok by your rules. Have you ever hesitated to take some one down who dared to have an opinion which differed from your own.

And then there is the imfamous scab list, which you had a hand in writing that was published all over the web. Ahh, different.

Australian aviation salutes you, for the legacy you left behind.

elektra
15th Jun 2005, 01:02
Just as a point of clarification. The Scab List was never "infamous". It was simply a factual document, giving the names of those who elected to follow a certain career path at a time when others had a different point of view. It is also a fact that many on that List voted in a secret ballot to follow one course of action, then followed another. Fact.

Since the essence of going back to work at that time was that you'd have a job and hardly be invisible, it is hard to see why being listed as having done that should frighten anybody.

There may well be a wide variety of motivations within the hearts of some who wanted to cross "the line" but didn't, and those who did but wish they hadn't. But the essence of the list is that it simply documented what happened. It will remain a fact that had that list been shorter, even by a few dozen names, then the outcomes for Australian aviation, (including pilot working conditions) and the future of 4 long established airlines could have been very very different.

But that's history. Factual, but still history.

prospector
15th Jun 2005, 01:42
Kaptin M.
You are troubled by being identified by initials??

Were you in camouflage when you posted your photo for all and sundry to peruse during your sojourn at Hanmer Springs some months back.

Would imagine any legal action against anyone for identifying you would fall a bit flat when you have very clearly identified yourself, or did you??

Prospector

Kaptin M
15th Jun 2005, 01:45
From East West Loco, November of last year:
"For Heavens sake Ninja.

Isnt this enough of personal attacks in these fora?
Personal attacks are very degrading, particularly to those who launch them.

Play nice.

Best regards

EWL"

Have you ever hesitated to take some one down who dared to have an opinion which differed from your own.The idea is to debate the issue - not to carry out a malicious, ongoing, personal vendetta, at every opportunity.

You are correct, prospector. I have never attempted to hide my face, however Flying Ninja has posted my initials, and used other "identifiers" to try to ensure that no-one was in ANY doubt as to whom I am.
He then made DIRECT, defamatory, and slanderous accusations that I consider libelous.

prospector
15th Jun 2005, 01:50
Kaptin M,
"Debate the issue".

Now we know you know the words, now try and apply them.

Prospector

Woomera
15th Jun 2005, 02:51
Damned if we do damned if we don't you choose.

This Forum was the lightning rod for the whole '89 debate. I have forgotten how many years ago.

It WAS a watershed event the echoes of which still reverberate.

This Forum was, in the nature of the rapidly maturing of the internet, the first and apparently only opportunity both sides had available to exchange views and "compare notes". :}

Both sides gave the matter a very thorough ventilating from their respective points of view.

Some formed a better understanding, some deepened their angst, others resolved it.

Our only input was to tolerate and moderate it as even handedly as is humanly possible.
It was, believe me, very hard work, highly stressful and very time consuming for which we don't get paid AND it is gauranteed to put both sides offside at some time.

So forgive us if we get very p!ssed off.

At least one of the protagonists was banned some years ago by HO Admin, period.
May I remind him that it was the intercession by Woomera that had them restored soley in recognition of the robust Australian way of discussion and maintaining balance.
Admin to this day remain discomfited at the affectionate abuse Australians hurl at each other in the manner of friendly discussion.:uhoh:
The line is fine and is easily breached.
We have at times had many reasons to regret it, but again on balance up to now we have persevered.

There have been multiple bannings and '89 still holds the record for all the gazillion topics and posts on the whole of PPRuNe in the production of heat and the consumption of moderating time.

It's discussion was embargoed for this reason to give light and air to other more pressing issues some time ago.

It is about to be again.

It is 16 years on. There have been many assorted real wars, real atrocities and real tragedies since.

This thread started with an attack, Mods :rolleyes: but settle down and put it on "watch":*, it jogs along with some new information and insights for us all on the avaition world in Japan, (this is what PPRuNe is about :) ) but quickly deteriorates in the usual and oh so predictable direction.

What do we do?
Kill it in the beginning, we already know what the end result will be just not yet who, :rolleyes: or let it run until somebody, oh so predictably, pokes a sharp stick into somebodies eye and then we have to deal with the casualties. :mad:

Were I even the slightest bit interested in trolling through the millions of words on it I am absolutely certain I would find actionable grounds against many dozens of PPRuNers, including the current protagonists.

If it gets too hard and distracting we close it off.

There are even attempts using orchestrated and serial misbehaviour to have threads closed down that shine light where they would rather it not be.

They are met with the same equanimity with which we face legal threats against us or others via.

If your ego is that precious that it needs legal support, then might we suggest that PPRuNe is a hazardous place for it to be exercised.
PPRuNers themselves not the Mods, ensure it is a humbug free zone.

This subject is now embargoed until further notice, any past threads dragged up will be locked and the banning stick has been polished up.

I will not be returning the thread.
It is for no other reason that an attempt to edit out the tit fer tat crap rendered it useless, a sure test.
It is a great pity because there were excellent and insightful views from both sides.

Give us a break, you all know the rules, play by em.

I hope we p!ss off everybody equally, we will not and do not take sides.

click!:*