PDA

View Full Version : Half life problem.

BRL
14th Jun 2005, 19:45
Hi all. I remember reading here ages ago that someone could not get Half Life running on their new laptop. Well, I have the same problem and was wondering if anyone knew the way around this?

Thanks, Paul.

terryJones
17th Jun 2005, 15:56
What happens then BRL?
As you know, I had HL2 after completing HL and the other two, but the only problem I had was the fact I had a DVD version..... It does need internet access to load however.
We did have a problem loading it into my wifes machine later however, it said the steam account for this cd number already existed.
To get over that we used my steam account, and because we were not both using it at the same time tyhere was no problem.
If you have done the original HalfLife trio (I do not play online games) you will like HL2.

Daysleeper
17th Jun 2005, 16:08
one of the problems with half lifes activation system has been crooks hust going into there local game store and reading the code off the back of the box.

You can buy direct from Valve on their website, its a big download but gets you some extras. Then again my local supermarket has it for just over a tenner now.