PDA

View Full Version : Parking At LHR

takenthe5thamendment
14th Jun 2005, 10:46
Can anyone tell me where I can park my Motorhome at Heathrow Airport for approximately 3 - 4 hours while I see a friend's daughter safely on her way back to Australia from Terminal 1 (her plane leaves at 22.20hrs)?

It's 10ft high so height restricted barriers will be a problem.

Cheers

WHBM
14th Jun 2005, 12:29
IIRC Pink Elephant is OK (on northside of airport) with their bus to the terminal, because the transfer buses which are this height go in through the same gates.

Believe you are not allowed to park vans etc in the rows close to the runway for security reasons, ask at the office.

Final 3 Greens
14th Jun 2005, 13:06
Another option might be one of the airport hotels - they are linked by the Hoppa bus service and you could do a deal - e.g. the Comfort Inn or the Skyline.

Omaha
14th Jun 2005, 13:08
Didn't know you had a motorhome luv! :D

takenthe5thamendment
14th Jun 2005, 20:01
I think Pink Elephant is a non starter as their minimum is 3 days for parking, but I shall try the other avenues suggested. Thanks.

Omaha, I purchased the MH in March and have barely spent a weekend at home since, in fact I'm just back from a 10 day trip to France, arrived home this morning.:ok: Strange getting back into the car as it feels as though I'm sitting on the road!

On the Spot
15th Jun 2005, 11:29
try the renaissance hotel - no barriers and if you drop your bags at teh front you can catch a service bus if you don't want to be ripped off for the hotel hoppa bus. £10 for 24 hours

Omaha
15th Jun 2005, 12:09
Good on you girl. You go for it, you deserve it. :ok:

We must meet up sometime when the going gets good & the good get going. :D

Leezyjet
15th Jun 2005, 20:26
If you go along the A4 towards Slough and turn right towards Sipson at the Texaco Garage/Park Inn Hotel (or left if heading towards Hounslow), you can park just along the road around the corner from the Park Inn for free. May cars/vans park on the bridge over the M4 spur each day. Then just walk back around the corner to the bus stop outside the Renaissance and get the bus for free to the central bus station.

There is also another long stay car park at the end of one of the runways by the BA hangers that wou could use, think it's called Apcoa or something like that.

You could also park at the Visitors Centre car park - think it's about £1 per hour and again take a free bus from the A4 into the central bus station - would have to check if it's still open at the time you need to use it though.

:)