PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie learning in America

OCTA
14th Jun 2005, 04:58
I'm thinking about going to the U.S. to do a CPL (H) conversion, I currently have an Oz CPL(A). I was wondering if anyone out there has done this and can tell me what had to be done to convert back to an Oz licence and how it is looked upon in the industry. Also any recommendations on schools?

OCTA.

SMOUC
14th Jun 2005, 08:42
HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANY ONE DOING THIS. WHY NOT DO IT IN OZ AND KEEP SOME LOCALS EMPLOYED! BLUE TONGUE AT MAROOCHY IS A GOOD START FOR A YARN.

OCTA
14th Jun 2005, 08:46
Thanks I've looked around the Aus schools but there are about 10,000 reasons ($$) to look at the states plus its about time for a change of location. Someone must have done it?

SMOUC
14th Jun 2005, 09:01
SEEING THAT YOU HAVE A CPL(A) IT IS ONLY A 70HR CONVERSION COURSE. UNLESS YOU ARE PLANNING ON WORKING IS THE US YOU ARE BETTER OFF DOING IT IN OZ AS MOST SCHOOLS WILL GENERALLY HAVE GOOD EMPLOYMENT ADVISE.

SMOUC
14th Jun 2005, 10:41
CANT ARGUE WITH THAT.

Robbo Jock
23rd Jun 2005, 11:30
Unless you are willing to spend a year or two in the US instructing

If you are hoping to do that, check out the Visa requirements first. Given you've got a CPL already, I don't think you'll be eligible for a J-1 visa, which would make working there a little dodgy.