PDA

View Full Version : The Winner is....Cathay and Jet Blue!

BankAngle50
14th Jun 2005, 03:23
The poll, conducted by London-based consultancy Skytrax, asked people to grade the world's airlines according to a broad variety of criteria. Taken over the course of a year, it tallied more than 12 million responses, from citizens of 94 countries.

http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/internet/cxinternet/image/en/header/topheader_home.jpg
The winner was Cathay Pacific, the Hong Kong-based carrier most Americans only get to fly if they're making the long haul to Asia

U.S. carrier that performed best on the Skytrax survey was JetBlue. The scrappy New York-based discounter was named the world's top low-cost airline. After all, JetBlue combines some of its nation's best cultural values. It's innovative -- love that satellite TV service -- with an energetic workforce. On the operations side, the company hums with an efficiency to make an MBA proud, streamlined from seats to fleet.

Full results
Best overall

1. Cathay Pacific, Hong Kong
2. Qantas Airways, Australia
3. Emirates, Dubai
4. Singapore Airlines, Singapore
5. British Airways, United Kingdom
6. Malaysia Airlines, Malaysia
7. Thai Airways, Thailand
8. Qatar Airways, Qatar
9. Asiana Airlines, South Korea
10. ANA All Nippon Airways, Japan[IMG]

Enema Bandit's Dad
14th Jun 2005, 03:49
These results will upset Sunfish.

Buster Hyman
14th Jun 2005, 03:55
So which airline is next up for elimination?:rolleyes:

SkySista
14th Jun 2005, 08:23
Sorry to be a cynic, but how the hell did QF beat EK?? Seriously...? :E

EB's Dad - ROFL!

BankAngle50
14th Jun 2005, 08:50
I couldnt understand how any of them came close to SQ!:ugh:

OhForSure
14th Jun 2005, 09:12
More information please...

I too would like to know how on earth CX and QF could beat out SQ and EK??? What is Qatar Airways doing in there? And ANA over JAL? I dunno... I'd like to know what the criteria were.

nike
14th Jun 2005, 09:16
Why?

(15 character min required.)

Chocks Away
14th Jun 2005, 23:39
Why? ... because it doesn't make sense and needs clarification.

Casper
15th Jun 2005, 00:17
It's like cyclic training or a chain letter - each operator gets its turn at the top!

Onewordanswer
15th Jun 2005, 05:22
Air China isn't on the list at all?:confused: