PDA

View Full Version : New Owners for Central Flying Academy

I.R.PIRATE
13th Jun 2005, 17:10
CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP

Central Flying Academy was formed in August 2001. It has significant potential for expansion, but this calls for the financial backing of a large organization. After a career that spans 22 years in the South African Air Force and three years with this company, I feel the time is right to elevate the business to a higher level. We envisage major expansions to Central Flying Academy within the next 24 month period.

Please read an extraction of the press release announcing change of ownership:

“Babcock Brands, a division of Babcock Africa, has taken to the skies – literally – following the acquisition of the Grand Central, Midrand-based Central Flying Academy, the second largest private pilot training facility in the country.’

Mark Hughes, managing director of Babcock Brands; explain the rationale for the acquisition when he says: “Our UK holding company operates a flying instruction outfit called Babcock Defence Systems that provides elementary flight training through to more advanced levels for the UK Defence Forces. We are looking to make our business more synergetic with that of our UK principals and we regard this step as a furthering of the process to align our South African Businesses with those of our parent company.”

Please note that business will not be affected at all and that Willie Marais and all personnel will remain in their respective positions.

Willie Marais

B Sousa
13th Jun 2005, 18:28
Found the website to put a face to the name.
www.flyingacademy.co.za Its a pretty good site.
Personally I would like to see some Helicopters (not Robbies) doing some Transition courses, maybe upgrading PPLs to Commercial and better..
Since they have new investors, maybe the suggestion wont be swept under the table. Grand Central is a good location, plenty of DA for altitude etc. Since the AS-350 series is the most popular in Africa, maybe a few on the ramp could turn a Rand or two. When not flying maybe a charter to pay the rent....
I have some friends who would love to come over to SA for some business, maybe combine a big vacation with some Insurance rate reducing training. www.eurosafetyinternational.com

AND Rhodie and I can sit out on his back porch with a couple of Windhoeks and watch it all off the approach end..........

zsswp
14th Jun 2005, 17:56
After i get my subjects i want to do my twin IF ...what twin will CFA have i hard they may get a senica 2 turbo ....