PDA

View Full Version : Small Plane Charter - Baltimore

marianallcott
13th Jun 2005, 09:27
I am trying to find out if it is possible to fly from Baltimore International to a small regional airport in Garrett County. I am going on holiday there and don't want to drive the 200 miles from Baltimore to Deep Creek Lake.

I don't really know where to start looking and if this is a dumb question, then I'm sorry....:confused:

Marian

seacue
14th Jun 2005, 10:55
I think you overestimate the difficulty in driving from BWI to Deep Creek Lake. My mapping software tells me that the first 170 miles is entirely on limited-access Interstate highways - and should take about 3 hours driving time. The last ~15 miles would be on a US route, equivalent to an A road.

OTOH, if you wish an air charter, try http://www.superpages.com/ and enter "aircraft charter" and "Baltimore,MD" and you will be presented with lots of choices. Many are aimed at the jet set, however.

The phone number of the FBO at BWI is +1-410-859-8393 and you could ask them for a suggestion.

The phone number of Garrett County Airport [2G4] at Deep Creek Lake is +1-301-387-4100. They might have a charter operator.

In either case the charter would be facing an empty flight in one direction or the other.

There are definitely small charter operators at Frederick and Hagerstown, which lie along the flightpath and wouldn't have any more empty fliying than an operator at BWI or Garrett Cty. Look up these airports in www.airnav.com.

sc

marianallcott
23rd Jun 2005, 23:24
Thanks for your help.

It's not so much the distance driving, but the pleasure of flying that appeals to us. We like the idea of getting off a large plane having flown from London and then jumping into a small one.

I'll take your advice and see what happen, but thank you anyway.

Marian